Are you going to shell out $500 (or more) for Xbox One X?

Simon Jonny

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
So far, Microsoft has only shown the 'game' side of what the new xbox provides. As it stands, even with 4k gaming it really doesn't make me want to splash out $500 for launch day a xbox x. The stupid name doesn't help, they should have kept it as Scorpio.

Now, if they had some extra features in the software side of things, such as the ability to run a 'Windows 10 S' desktop then I may find it a little more appealing as it'd be somewhat more useful outside of gaming, and watching Netflix.

tec goblin

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes! It might be day one or Black Friday, depending on the initial bundles, but I think I'll crack and get it day one. I've already planned it for some time: getting the tv, the dolby atmos system AND this :).

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
NO

The $500 price is not too much but saying its a "True 4k Machine" is not going to be accurate.

The Xbox One X might be 4k capable but it will not be a uncompromised experience. To hit 4k there will be compromises made (frame-rate, textures, dynamic scaling, etc) To think otherwise is pretty naive.

How many games on the Xbox One hit 1080p? Very very very few. 95+% of games run at lower than 1080p with 30fps and many other cuts (textures, lighting, etc).

Xbox One X will be in the same situation with 4k. 6 TFLOPS is not enough for an uncompromised experience.

This is why I wont be buying in until the price drops to $300.

Furthermore I find this quote rather absurd:
And as Xbox Chief Marketing Officer Mike Nichols put it in a recent Q&A with Windows Central Senior Editor Jez Corden, "[F]rankly, I'm amazed that we were able to deliver the Xbox One X's specs that are consistent with a $1,200 to $1,500 PC if you'd built it yourself, for only $500."
Ummm no, not sure where and how he builds computers but the specs of the XB1X are at most $800 machine.

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
As soon as they have a Forza 7 themed version. :)

Seriously, I do not own a 4K TV yet so that will be the first purchase. The best I am looking at is a 2019 purchase.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I've got other things I would rather apply $500 toward, like a newer Surface Pro. Or scuba gear. My PC is already a better gaming machine.

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Maybe not exactly at launch (who am I kidding, of course at launch), but of course I am getting one. I'm not waiting a year before the first price decrease of black Friday 2018 to utilize my 4kTV that I have owned since 2015!

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

It’s official! The “Project Scorpio” Xbox is called Xbox One X. And it’s pretty, pretty, pretty damn impressive, at least in my opinion. There’s glorious 4K support. It’s powered by eight CPU cores clocked at 2.3GHz, 12GB of GDDR5 RAM and a GPU packing 40 Radeon compute units running at 1172 MHz. (Check out a full list of specs here.)

But there’s also a pretty, pretty, pretty hefty price tag associated with Xbox One X.

So, the big question: Are you going to buy the new console? Do you feel like it’s worth $500 (or more depending on the different models that are released? If so, will you preorder it as soon as possible? And if not, why not?

I’m on the fence. I don’t own a 4K TV, so that’s no huge draw for me. The price is not insignificant, and I’m not sure I really need everything the Xbox One X has to offer.

Your turn! Let us know whether or not you plan to be an Xbox One X owner.

Nope

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yep, still got my 'Day One Edition' Xbox One and I'll be getting the One X at launch too. Skipped the Xbox One S as it seemed a pointless upgrade knowing Scorpio was in the pipeline. Also gives me a reason to finally upgrade to a 4k TV

A BabyRed Yoshi

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes! I'm only 21 and I can afford it, along with a 4k tv, working 25 hours a week for $8 an hour. Been saving up for it for a long time. Preorder as soon as I can!

Dradzk

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Most likely, but not till they come out with a two or three TB disk option. And not for much over that $500 mark. I am just waiting on a mobo to finish the sff pc I am building, so the 1X isn't going to do much for me that my PC won't do already. And it won't have anywhere near the power.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
The device is certainly amazing. If I had a constant income, this would be my go to device, especially with X1X coming much cheaper than an equivalent PC.

The X1X is the best console right now for the vast majority of titles. Even at 600€, that's going to cost in Europe/Romania, it would still be cheaper and faster than an equivalent PC at 920€

Rahsna Asurac

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
My spouse and I are totally going to get it. No questions asked.
Finally a 4K machine in the house. I have been waiting for something like this since 2010.

Getting what equals to 1 GB better than Nvidias best current gen graphics card + a console for half the price? HOW can I say no :)

mobilejk

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
As a Xbox 360 owner since 2006 I've been waiting for the "right console and timing" to upgrade and with my purchase last Christmas of a Samsung 70 inch 4K set I am now ready for my new Xbox One X. And FWIW, I don't think 500 bucks is "too much" for the powerful, streamlined 4K-ready hardware the Xbox One X brings to the table. In fact IMO it's a great value since I will be able to use some of my Xbox 360 games according to the announcement. So I am happy and can't wait to get my console on November 8th!

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
No. I didn't get the PS4 pro, and that's because power has never been my priority. I already have a PC that can play all XB1 games I'm interested in.
And if power was really my priority I would just sell my card and get a 1070 or 1080 which I've seen going for less than 500 bucks over here. ofc it'll be a lot cheaper in 5 months.

Unlike most people here I'm not a MS/XB fan so I don't have or believe in "brand loyalty". I don't buy "every XB" or everything coming out of MS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon