Are you going to shell out $500 (or more) for Xbox One X?

metllicamilitia

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it, last Xbox I owned was a 360, and if I want to do anything other than play games I have to have a Gold account on top of the $500 tag and $60+ games.

anon(10258826)

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
I will be pre-ordering. I've owned a 4K TV for two years and I've been itching for true 4K gaming. I also dig the backwards compatibility, all my accessories working, and the fact that I'm going to be able to patch older games to look better.

And honestly, this move feels like a company actually taking care of the customer for once and giving us what we want, like back in the day when we all got our 360s repaired way, way beyond any reasonable warranty period.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me who thinks Project Scorpio was overhyped atleast by the look of coverage given by WC and in the end it was damp on the VR/AR scene and ended up as just a bump in specs.

bitnisse

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Getting an Xbox X at launch. Have 2xXbox One's and HD tv's but want to get a HDR for the living room before or when XBox X ships.

Serpentbane

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I've always bought one or two of each XBOX model. I mostly play on my PC, but why not add this to the collection? Not going to sleep on the sidewalk to get it though...

Durahl

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
With the Xbox One X again arriving as a black model the chances of me buying one increased exponentially.
And at 500.- it'll most likely be cheaper than my US to Switzerland imported Xbox One Day 1 Edition.

Kinda bummed for them, again, not integrating a dedicated Kinect Port - AFAIK that adapter is HUGE.

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
You're forgetting a number of things. Some Xbox games in the past weren't well optimised to take advantage of Xbox One's (or S') power. Blame that on developers. Also, games that will be running in 4K(60) are likely to be extremely optimised to achieve that, so saying it's impossible without ruining the experience to get there is rather naive. Consoles have always had superior means of optimisations that can't be compared to their PC counterparts. That's why it's completely fair to compare a $1500 machine with the One X. I have a $1200 gaming PC which performs and provides image quality far worse than most games ever did on the Xbox One. That's why I'm seriously considering buying the One X, because I'm really tired of pouring money into PCs only to get horrible, buggy and laggy gaming experience despite having the power, only because of poor console game ports.

Some games not optimized to to take advantage of Xbox Ones power?? Maybe one or two like GTA 5 but no almost all console games are optimized.
Every single game this generation that is cross platform runs better on a PS4, not because of optimization, but because it has more horsepower. Even then PS4 games dont always run in full 1080p.

And now you think some kind of magic is going to happen where developers do extra special optimizations to get games to run at 4K/60fps with great textures and lighting????

PS4, XB1, XB1X are all running the same CPU and GPU architectures. There is no special sauce that will magically make XB1X run games at 4k.

You are going to be very very disappointed.

Freddy Grande

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Definitely going to look at buying one but first I want to upgrade my TV to a 4K HDR OLED one so will have to see what's out around that time and what pricing is like here in Australia.

GIkari

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
60% Yes right now. The annoyances of pc gaming are starting to get to me. I do enjoy it, but the maintenance is a bit of a headache, and a lot of the "Advantages" aren't important to me. I'm a sysadmin all day, I don't want to be one at home as well.

jsantana0793

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hell Yea, I'm a PC guy, but my PC is currently under powered for most of the games in the past several years. If I were to spend money of a video card, lets say the GTX 1080, that video card along which has only 8 gig of DDR5 ram, which is 4 gigs less than the Xbox One X, then add a new mother board, processor, hard drive, memory, power supply and the OS, when we are seeing the price go up to about $1500 to $2000.

I own a LG OLED HDR-Ultra 4K curve display 65", I purchased it this year knowing I was going to get the Xbox One X.

The price of the system is not a big issue and it shouldn't be. The system is extremely affordable compared to PC's with equal amount of power. This system opens the door to some amazing looking games in the future. What we see right now is impressive, but as time goes by and developers start to figure out what they can do with the system, the games are going to continue to look and play more amazing.

VR/MR to me has a long way to become main stream. It's awesome putting your self in a world that makes you feel like your there, but game developers need to spend more time in making the games look better for VR and play better when interacting with the virtual environment. I think there is room for improvements.

I'm glad that VR took a back seat for now. It's hard to translate the experience of VR during an E3 presentation. It's not easy to show something that needs to be experience in a different way. I felt that same way with Kinect or any camera capture games. I'm not convinced of the switch controller as well for the same reasons.

with all that being said, you know my answer. I will be getting and Xbox One X, replacing my Xbox One. I am pleased that my old games will be upgraded and advanced with this new system. It well worth the $499.99, but cheaper will always be better of course.

sloth1513

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
That is the sort of money we in New Zealand have had to pay anyway! Xbox One S was NZD$699 when it came on the market. The NZ price for Xbox One X will be NZ$749, which converts to US$540 on todays exchange rate. I'll wait for the price drop before I get one though, or get a cheap Xbox One S!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99