Xbox One S Controller wont connect with W10 laptop Bluetooth

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I have Xbox One S controller, and I love when knowing that I can using Bluetooth as a connector to PC. I used to connect the controller with my Bluetooth adapter on my desktop gaming PC, which I sold it few months before. And now I want to using it with my laptop which already has Bluetooth built-in. And now I cant even find the controller on Bluetooth search result.

I remember this issue didn't occur when I'm using PC with Windows 10 "Anniversary update", where the Bluetooth settings right on the Network & Internet section on settings app, instead of Devices on Creators update. I don't assume anything, but difference UI experience on connecting Bluetooth controller might be the issue.

When I'm still using PC with Anniversary update, every time the Xbox controller turn on, the Bluetooth automatically connect to PC. The first time I plugged the cable to update the controller it was fine. Then I unplugged the cable and turn on the Bluetooth, the go to Bluetooth settings and then turning on the Bluetooth on PC, suddenly the controller was pop out without need to search for it.

Now in my laptop, I repeating the steps, updating the controller with cable, turn on the Bluetooth on controller, turn off and on Bluetooth on laptop, and click "add Bluetooth and other device" button, click the Bluetooth option, and it keep searching until my controller stop flashing and give no result. I tried to change the Bluetooth option to Wireless display or Anything else, but no luck at all.

I did try to check update of my Bluetooth driver on Device manager, but it is up to date. So my question is, where is the problem? My laptop or my controller? Does the Bluetooth on my laptop doesn't met the Bluetooth spec on Xbox controller?

Please help. Thank you.

causalityWin

Jul 9, 2017
Visit site
The problem seems to be with the laptop since it worked with a different system. Can't tell for sure.

You aren't having trouble with other bluetooth devices and that laptop?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention