Project Scorpio Edition Xbox One X: Yay or nay?

Al Sacco

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
By now you know that Microsoft yesterday unveiled a special limited edition Project Scorpio version of the upcoming Xbox One X. If you don't know that, where the hell have you been, man?? :eck:

I already preordered mine, but I honestly had to think about it a bit, to decide whether I wanted the Scorpio edition Xbox. I kind of feel like the regular version is more sleek and understated. Ultimately, I preordered the Scorpio edition because I want my new Xbox ASAP, and who knows if it will ship before the regular version?

But what say you? Did you preorder you Scorpio One X? Or are you purposefully waiting for the regular version? Do you like the Scorpio design?

eaceves

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I will wait for another special edition...and Ill wait until I have a 4k tv....oh, and Ill wait until I can afford these two things.

Other than that, I think this version is really nice.

Al Sacco

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
Ha. Fair enough. I don't have a 4K TV yet, either, but I have a feeling I might figure out a way to get one before November 7 ....

Ronald#WP

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The price is good. The console colour could use a change. Xbox Ones come in black. And the new S comes in white. They have such nice colours with their controllers. Also it should come with a bundled game to compliment it. Even if its a tech demo game.

DrRyder

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered my Project Scorpio Edition yesterday as soon as the pre-order page went live on Gamestop. Super hype to get it. Sure, its purely looks, but being limited edition? Glad I was able to grab one. Though, I will still use my Elite controller. :D

Dradzk

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Nope. Already have a 1TB XB1. I'm not ordering anything unless I can upgrade my storage as well. Being all digital, space is important for me.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
They could of added a big "x" on the top of the console to make it look nostalgia, like the original Xbox 🎮 . To me it looks too similar to the One S. I don't have a 4k tv and I'm fine with my 1st gen xbone.

JasonH81

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Preordered and ready to go. I love the Scorpio edition. I loved the name Project Scorpio to begin with. I don't mind Xbox One X, but Project Scorpio just sounds better.

DEEP NNN

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
I was going to pre-order anyway. Getting the vertical stand, gold labeling for "Project Scorpio" and enhanced console patterning were an unplanned bonus.

On top of everything else, I can legitimately say I own/use a Scorpio. That's what I wanted from the beginning. :smile:

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I love it. I think the little design differences are intelligent and a great nod to the fans who followed the development of the One X. It's a sexy machine and the Scorpio branding makes it just a tad more so. I wish I could get one but I can't justify it after buying a launch edition One S. Which sucks cause I also have a decent 4K TV that I love and I imagine my One X would slaughter it.

noirsoft

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Really like the Scorpio Edition touches, especially on the console itself. My X1 "Day One" controller broke, so I like having something on the console itself, like my "launch partner" X360 faceplate.

Gabriel Ortiz1

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
By now you know that Microsoft yesterday unveiled a special limited edition Project Scorpio version of the upcoming Xbox One X. If you don't know that, where the hell have you been, man?? :eck:

I already preordered mine, but I honestly had to think about it a bit, to decide whether I wanted the Scorpio edition Xbox. I kind of feel like the regular version is more sleek and understated. Ultimately, I preordered the Scorpio edition because I want my new Xbox ASAP, and who knows if it will ship before the regular version?

But what say you? Did you preorder you Scorpio One X? Or are you purposefully waiting for the regular version? Do you like the Scorpio design?

I love the Project Scorpio design. In fact, I was originally going to wait til mid-October to preorder an XboxOne X. But when they showed the Limited Editions and that nod to the consoles code name (Project Scorpio) I couldn't wait. I immediately got on the phone with the Microsoft Store, waited 1hr and 15 mins (orders were not going through right after the announcement) and preordered mine with next day shipping. I was told I was the 14th person to preorder from he Microsoft Store. Now I just have to contain my excitement til Nov 7th til I get my beautiful PROJECT SCORPIO.

BAMozzy

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Well I pre-ordered mine but compared to the Gears 4 XB1s, this is very understated and 'boring'. I really think they could of done more - laser etched 'something' into the console, maybe make the 'X' on top like the box art, maybe illuminate the 'Project Scorpio' when on....

Could of done so much more but it looks like all they did was through a couple of 'stickers' on it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05