What about the Xbox One X excites you the most?

Al Sacco

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
Many of us have been looking forward to the Xbox One X for a looooong time. I remember when we first started hearing the name "Project Scorpio." Well, the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight now, and the new Xbox should be available in almost exactly a month.

What are you most looking forward to? The obvious answer, at least if you have a 4K TV, is that extra boost in resolution. But the One X is about more than 4K, right?

I preordered my Scorpio Edition console the day Microsoft listed it, and it can't arrive soon enough. I'm looking forward to watching compatible movies and TV in 4K just as much as I am playing games in 4K. But I'm also psyched about the smaller size of the console.

What do you think? What are you most looking forward to?

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm all for the 4K and current stuff we know of but I can't help but be excited for what they may have coming in the future with Mixed Reality and the headsets, and stuff we may not have even thought of yet.

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
4K gaming, ultimately. But it'll be early next year before I can upgrade my TV for logistical reasons. So for now, I'm hoping for more speed out of day-to-day tasks and increases in the graphical quality of my current games.

seanreynoldscs

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Many of us have been looking forward to the Xbox One X for a looooong time. I remember when we first started hearing the name "Project Scorpio." Well, the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight now, and the new Xbox should be available in almost exactly a month.

What are you most looking forward to? The obvious answer, at least if you have a 4K TV, is that extra boost in resolution. But the One X is about more than 4K, right?

I preordered my Scorpio Edition console the day Microsoft listed it, and it can't arrive soon enough. I'm looking forward to watching compatible movies and TV in 4K just as much as I am playing games in 4K. But I'm also psyched about the smaller size of the console.

VR Excites me more than anything. I already sit in a basement playing destiny with my friends in other houses. If we had VR then we would at least be able to see each other a little bit when we are in orbit. I could imagine it being a much more immersive experience playing Destiny in VR...

Wait... there wont be VR?
Awe Crap... NOTHING Excites me about this product.

DirtyRottnGamr

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Re: What the Xbox One X excites you the most?

What excites me most is the consoles potential to re-revolutionize gaming's social community aspects with 4k assets, such as the upcoming new avatars and extended 4k uploading. XBL has consistently been the best place to play multiplayer online with its dedicated community ,resources and services.

TwinStripe UK

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Curiously enough, of all the bells and whistles that I want to see in play on the 'X', I'm most excited for what the 'X' will do for the 'S'! The base units will get cheaper, HDR support is going to increase as a by-product of 'X' support and you're likely going to see a small uptake as the console hits that 'second console' sweet spot for all those not invested in the brand.

That being said I'm actually holding off playing Shadow of War until the 'X' drops, and I'll probably play the crap out of AC:O too.

Clarence Flinn

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site

I think the most exciting thing about the x is the innovation out will cause. In early console times the console makers were trying to have the best console. In present times it's kinda follow the pack. We needed this jump in performance. We need the console makers trying to outdo each other. That's what makes better consoles. This will be a step toward the future of console gaming.

DEEP NNN

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
I'll be excited to hear what Bungie's latest excuse will be for why Destiny 2 isn't 4K on 1X or why they couldn't make it look better looking than the PS4 Pro version.

I do look forward to seeing Titanfall 2, PUBG, World of Tanks and Halo 5 in 4K. All this on my new and yet to be used LG 4K TV.

DEEP NNN

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
I'll be excited to hear what Bungie's latest excuse will be for why Destiny 2 isn't 4K on 1X or why they couldn't make it look better looking than the PS4 Pro version.

I do look forward to seeing Titanfall 2, PUBG, World of Tanks and Halo 5 in 4K. All this on my new and yet to be used LG 4K TV.

Hadley T

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm excited to upgrade from Xbox 360, into the Xbox One generation, and I'm excited about 4K UHD Blu-ray (mostly for Dolby Atmos - I've got a fairly decent 7.2.4 rig set-up).

I'm pretty serious about my Home Theatre hobby, and Xbox gaming, but rarely in a rush to get the "latest, greatest thing". Holding out for better versions keeps paying off for me (e.g. I'm holding off on a 4K OLED for the time being; 65" Plasma's working for me just fine, for now... though I sure wish I'd held off a year or two even on that).
I stuck with OG Xbox for a long time, and enjoyed maximising its performance in a decent Home Theatre rig. I finally upgraded to the 360 when the 250GB slim model was out (I also didn't like the bulky, white, RROD model's aesthetic, so waiting brought me a bonus, in the form of a much better looking box).
I haven't been in a rush to jump to Xbox One (my 360's still looking/sounding/playing great), I still don't want a white console (pretty much all my AV kit is black; that's just how I like it), so I was never much interested in the S. Once I heard about Scorpio, my interest was piqued. I've got a huge DVD collection, and had held off on Blu-ray to see how the format developed. UHD/HDR does appeal.
Also, honestly, I'm a bit of a fan boy. I enjoyed the bragging rights of having the most powerful console each generation, and seeing the slip this generation dulled my enthusiasm somewhat (though I'd personally never switch platform; I've worked retail in the past, and did not like how I saw Sony treat both retailers and customers).
So getting to jump on with Xbox One X (Scorpio Edition pre-ordered within minutes of release), the most powerful games console on the planet, is working out brilliantly for me. I've been building up a tidy collection of games and Blu-rays (UHD and FHD), and the good times are about to get rolling big time!

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
2010- it was all about Kinect and "fans" screaming "I'm the controller" and how kinect is the future of gaming.

2013 (before 20th June)- DRM, 24 hrs check, online only and killing the used market is the only way to go. That's the future of gaming

2013- It was all about kinect 2.0 and the POWER OF THE CLOUD... and how it's the future of gaming... Also for a brief period number of exclusives is the most important thing...

2015- It was all about BC and being able to play what 30-35% of ol gen games on your new gen console...

2016- exclusives aren't important.

2017- It's all about POWER. For 4 years we were being told that power doesn't matter. Gameplay and the fun factor is all that matters. Of and who cares if MS don't make games. 3rd party games is all that matters...

It's funny how the opinions, hype and need of company "fans" changes as the policies of that company changes... :)

Keyan06

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
It's also funny to listen to PS4 fans now saying the games matter, not the hardware, when 4 years ago they couldn't stop tripping over themselves to point out how the PS4 had more power than the Xbox One.

Back to the topic, now that it's out, 4K HDR. I'm telling you, if you haven't seen it on a well mastered title (Gears, RotTR), you should. But only if you are ready to get that setup for yourself. There is some bliss in ignorance. It's more than you would think to have every pixel in every texture touched by the GPU with so much RAM that the high res textures can go to the edges of the scene with no LOD lower res muddy textures going on.

JAMES CYCHOWSKI

Mar 5, 2018
Visit site
I'm a bit late to the party,😊, just got a Xbox X to complement my Panasonic OLED TV, I do have a PS4 Pro, and a gaming PC also, what games will show of what the Xbox X can do? thanks for the reply

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Not a massive gamer so only have two that run 4k HDR, they are Forza Horizon 3 and Assassins Creed Origins, they look good so.

Got to admit for me it's 4k and HDR, yes I could watch 4k on the TV without using the Xbox One X but that was defeating the point of having an Xbox One as a one stop shop for my entertainment system, now I can just call on Netflix and Amazon for my 4k and HDR, VLC for my music and games for when I fancy playing.

I would use Groove for my music but on the Xbox Groove doesn't see local music and doesn't see .Flac format files from OneDrive.

JoachimPhoenixx

Aug 31, 2017
Visit site
Definitely the backwards compatibility enhancements, specs, and how much of an improvement it is over the base Xbox One, and One S. Might sound like a waste / silly to everyone else, but I originally bought an Xbox One (before Halo 5 came out), because I missed Halo (started this gen with a PS4) and heard of 360 BC getting rumored. Yes, I bought a Xbox One for Halo 5 and for Halo Reach back compat, and don't regret it at all. They ended up coming out with a bunch of games I wanted to revisit on the back compat program, and when they hinted at bringing OG Xbox support, I upgraded from the base Xbox One to an S Gears 4 2TB, and then to the Scorpio One X at launch.

I wish they kept the snap feature, as it was very convenient and was a selling point to some of my friends that have yet to get a One.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos