Windows Mixed Reality and Xbox One X

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have little doubt that the avatar redesign had to do with this.

Didn't they say the new avatars were done in Unity? MR uses Unity as well.

Also notice how both mentions of VR and avatars got pushed back, and they won't say much about either until next year?

That couldn't possibly be a coincidence.

We're likely getting some sort of VR social space that uses the new avatars.
They could possibly make it so you could launch multiplayer VR games straight from this space, or gather on a couch with your friends and play traditional multiplayer games on multiple giant screens - who needs split-screen when you have just add more screens? And Mixer makes it possible to gather and watch friends, pushing the community focus of Mixer even further - that would really cement VR as an evolution of the Xbox and Mixer platforms.

jonhson buchanan

Nov 20, 2017
Visit site
Can they make multiplayer fully wireless hand tracking, finger tracking and gesture recognition with full range of hand motion. I want to be able to shake a friend's hands in Avatar with no controllers?Also track behind me to be able to draw a sword from behind me ,not just tracking hand motion in front of me but fully around .

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Fairly certain that's already possible. I believe HoloShell has hand gestures already.

Not sure if they have full skeletal tracking like Kinect, but it's likely something similar. The current sensors ARE basically Kinect 3.0.

Behind would be more complicated but if it is skeletal tracking then it would be possible (tracks your arm movement to calculate where your hand is). Kinect 2.0 could do this, so I imagine it's possible here.

smokasweets

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Xbox one X be support would be immense. For me mostly for driving Sims, but would love any VR support to be added.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be coming out soon, they're just not saying anything. I was looking in the store on Xbox dashboard and went too coming soon and it popped up saying no results found but I saw new tabs at the top. Where it has chart,type of games,category, number of players and capabilities and for the time it wasn't working for me not loading the games coming soon I clicked on capabilities and saw windows mixed reality on that list right near HDR and Xbox live. I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to see that which I'm glad I did cause I've been super excited about vr since I've first tried it out and when they said it would be high fidelity on this console I about died.

Hirox K

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
> Pairadyce
> I think I'm hesitant because I come from one of the first generations of gamers
As a game programmer, I totally get you. Same reason why 3D TV won't work. The VR hype we have now... are from medias, enterprises and VR enthusiasts (not game programmers, they've no idea what the limitations are. Imagination alone won't make you a programmer).
MR with spatial mapping... is not tooo bad but still not optimal. AR is the only safest, feasible solution if you want to run around and interact with the environment. Would be best if they can shrink it down to the size of a regular glasses. No glasses, air projection would be the ultimate goal I suppose.
If you want VR to work in a living room... brain output (signal hijack) and brain input (this is the dangerous one) is necessary imo.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234