How are you liking OG Xbox backward compatibility?

Matt Brown

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
After spending a little while in Fuzion Frenzy and Star Wars KOTOR earlier this week, been really loving the addition of original Xbox backward compatibility. I'll admit that there are a lot more games I'd love to see hit the program, but so far what's been pulled off is pretty impressive. Was wondering how you guys are finding it so far? (And any game recommendations?)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I think the idea is great. I loved the original Xbox. I just hope that more titles become compatible. The first wave of titles don't appeal to me. I thought that at least Halo or Project Gotham Racing (which has the title of being, apparently, Bill Gates's favourite game) would be on the list. Hopefully at least PGR and Shenmue 2 and Rallisport Challenge 1 and 2 will be added at some point. That'd be enough for me.

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I think the idea is great. I loved the original Xbox. I just hope that more titles become compatible. The first wave of titles don't appeal to me. I thought that at least Halo or Project Gotham Racing (which has the title of being, apparently, Bill Gates's favourite game) would be on the list. Hopefully at least PGR and Shenmue 2 and Rallisport Challenge 1 and 2 will be added at some point. That'd be enough for me.

Just like XB360 Backward Compatibility, much of it will depend on the rights owners and the biggest sticking point for many games will be the music and graphic art rights. I do not believe it is an issue of Microsoft not wanting to have games for backward compatibility it is the rights owners actually ALLOWING Microsoft to do the port.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
KOTOR was a surprise.

Some games I expected didn't show up like Halo and Oddworld Munch's Oddyssey.

In the future, I hope to see these game added.
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 The Sith Lords
- Jade Empire
- Grand Theft Auto Double Pack
- Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
- Shenmue 2
- Panzer Dragoon Orta
- Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
- Deus Ex 2 Invisible War
- Max Payne
- Max Payne 2
- Splinter Cell 1,2,3 and 4
- Rainbow Six 3

There are others I missed I'm sure, in retrospect the original Xbox has some gems that need to be revived.

zidane2016

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I figured they would launch at least one Star Wars game, since there were so many great ones released in that generation.

But I am surprised that not one SEGA game appeared at launch, given that they moved many of their popular franchises exclusively to the Xbox after they discontinued the Dreamcast- Crazy Taxi 3, Jet Set Radio Future, Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, even Sonic Heroes was going to be Xbox/Gamecube only before Sony made threats. I have a feeling some of these won't make it purely because of music licensing (the XBLA version of Crazy Taxi has a different soundtrack for this reason). Not that I've given up hope on them!

Also, am I the only one disappointed that Microsoft didn't include the dashboard in their emulator? I kinda miss the design. And the ambient sound effects... jk but they really should include them in the Xbox One dashboard as an option!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers