First time Xbox buyer need some advice...

Asheyb85

Nov 10, 2017
Visit site
I'm interested in purchasing the Xbox One x however i want to have access to it in two rooms (i currently own a switch and love the function of two docks) but now am keen on the Xbox so is there anyway i can somehow carry my saved data to another room?

I'm currently thinking of purchasing the Xbox One x and a Xbox One S and saving all my game data (saved not game purchases no games will be purchased digitally all cd) on a external hard drive that way two console can have access to it is that possible?

I know you can stream the Xbox to a windows PC but is that reliable or just pointless? I own two PC's in both of the rooms where i want access to play the Xbox however it will be a wireless connection not through Ethernet.

Many thanks in advance

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Saved data is stored in your MS Account, no exceptions. As far as I know, you can't store it locally at all.

So as long as you have both connected to the internet, they'll always have the same data.

Streaming to PC works fine for most games, but some struggle with it. More intensive open-world games such as Destiny 2, Forza Horizon 3, seem to struggle the most. But other games like Titanfall, other Forza games, Halo MCC, and others work so well, you'd forget you're streaming it.
Although I've only used Ethernet, no idea how it performs over wireless. If it's Wireless N, should be usable but there could be the occasional drop, especially if you have other wireless devices in the network.

Keyan06

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
I've done the streaming before. It works, although you can tell the fidelity isn't quite as good as direct, it does some compression on the stream over wireless depending on bandwidth.

As mentioned, all saves for Xbox One are done in the cloud. Your saved games will sync between the consoles when you fire up a given game on one or the other. No need to move a hard drive.

And just so you understand digital vs physical and MS licensing... Physical disc games are still 100% installed to a hard drive, be it internal or external, and often with DLC and other content will far exceed the capacity of what could fit on a single physical disc, especially Xbox One X games that will immediately update with all of the 4k assets. So you will still be doing a large download even with a disc before a game is playable, and the disc MUST BE IN THE DRIVE to play. Disc you can sell/trade/lend to friends. Digital is actually a more flexible option for multiple xbox households, and here is why. One Xbox will be designated as your "home" xbox. Any digital games you purchase on your account will be allowed to play on that Xbox, regardless of who is signed in at the time. So in my house, we have one Xbox that is in the kids play space that is the "home" xbox so I don't have to be signed in for them to play our entire game library that we own. On the other Xbox, I can be signed in and ALSO play a game that I own at the same time (or my other kid can play a game on their account as long as I am also signed in to the console as we are in a family group on our microsoft account). This means my kid and I can play games with both Xboxes off of just one purchased copy of the game. Additionally, you can just flip between games, no disc swapping required, no discs to get scratched/lost etc.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Get an Xbox One X and setup a PC in another room where you plan to play and stream the Xbox games to your PC via the Xbox app on Windows 10. For best quality use a wired connection instead of wireless.

Here are a few articles that should help you out.

How to stream Xbox One Games to Windows 10 PC
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-to-stream-xbox-one-games-windows-10

How to get the best Xbox One Game streaming experience on PC
https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-game-streaming-tips?_ga=2.38460832.2033199828.1510587514-536561847.1508859065

HTH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos