Leaving Xbox,been here since day 1....

707wpfan

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
the Xbox one has never had a real MLB game like "The Show".
Microsoft, based in a MLB city has to know every child-adult in their city has to own a playstation to play MLB.
I called Xbox support and they said that the last 360 game made by 2k is backwards compatible,showing again how out of touch Microsoft is.
They killed off the phone OS of my choice, they killed off the bands months after i bought 2, they killed off mixradio and groove music, so im severing my ties with any new Microsoft purchases until i see a change that shows they care about consumers.
I've never owned any playstation console so will see how it goes, Microsoft exclusive games dont really excite me enough to stay at this point

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well it's sad to see another one 'bite the dust'. To be honest, when it comes to tech/services, I don't really use emotion for decisions. What works, works. I'll use it. When I can't, I'll find an alternative.

Nonetheless I get your sentiment. Hope the PS treats ya well :)

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
I've recently seen a guy say the only reason why he got into XB and buy MS products was because it was American and because of 9/11.
I think it's really crazy to think that way. I don't think we as consumers or gamers should "support" a company because of their origins. I'll never understand consumers being loyal to a brand. I'm not Japanese, I'm not asian but I still buy consoles from companies that were created by Japanese. I buy products because I want them.
For me, consumers should always look at products rather than brand. Consumer should always have the control and make the decision and not the other way round. Following a brand only means you're following whatever that company does and they are the one making the choice for you.
How many times have I seen a person damage controlling anti-consumer strategy by a company he "supports". How many times have I seen people trash or praise a game depending on who makes it or who publishes it...

I own PC, XB360s, PS3, WiiU, DS, vita, PS4... I play whatever I want. If I need to buy a console or upgrade my PC to play a game I want to play I'll just buy the system. If it's a question of budget, the first question that should be asked is whether the console gives me what I want.

Whether the console provides me games I want to play. Compare the two systems based on your needs. Compare exclusives and future exclusives. Compare the strategy by companies when it comes to investment on their system. Strategies by companies when it comes to supporting their products and services. If the strategy of a company is to focus on old games (like the answer by XB support) or whether it's on making new games...

Anyway, hope you get a good time with PS. There are a lot of highly rated games you can look forward to playing.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
For starters, I would say The last of us.
You're getting MLB the show. There is the uncharted, God of war, littlebigplanet, Ratchet & Clank, Yakuza series.

ofc it'll all depend on the type of games you like. You could give some of these a try since they are actually cheap.

If we're talking about games on PS4 and not on XB1 there are plenty Bloodborne, persona 5, Shadow of the colossus, NieR: Automata, Horizon Zero dawn, Nioh, Street Fighter V, Ni no Kuni, infamous second son, The Last Guardian, Util dawn, Gravity Rush franchise...

ofc I've not listed all (only the highly rated ones) because it's too long. And I've not even mentioned the smaller games because there are tones of that too...

Richard Devine

Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Sony has an exclusive of sorts on its MLB The Show series. Not sure how far that extends but that series is made purely for PlayStation.

Assume what it would need is Microsoft to draft in a developer and acquire a license from MLB. The issue with Baseball is that it's mainly a U.S. thing. Japan loves it, but doesn't love Xbox, and while the sport has a following here in Europe, is it enough to warrant going out and making a game?

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft, based in a MLB city has to know every child-adult in their city has to own a playstation to play MLB.
I called Xbox support and they said that the last 360 game made by 2k is backwards compatible,showing again how out of touch Microsoft is.
They killed off the phone OS of my choice, they killed off the bands months after i bought 2, they killed off mixradio and groove music, so im severing my ties with any new Microsoft purchases until i see a change that shows they care about consumers.
I've never owned any playstation console so will see how it goes, Microsoft exclusive games dont really excite me enough to stay at this point

You people are completely irrational.

You think Microsoft wants to discontinue products? Of course not, but they cant just dump endless amounts of money into failing endeavors. They are a business not a fan boy factory. If it doesn't sell, it doesn't last.

Baseball is dying, sad but true. Unless Microsoft makes it themselves, they cant force 2k or EA to make a quality game for Xbox.

jcroy727

Apr 2, 2018
Visit site
This one is not MS fault

This has nothing to do with MS. Sony's studio has the exclusive license to make a Major League Baseball game. It sucks, but this is reality. the only reason that the terrible RBI baseball games exist is because the MLB's digital media division makes the game themselves. The last great MLB game on an xbox console was EA's MVP 2005 on the O.G. Xbox. So I'm the first to blame MS for whatever, but this is not their fault. I would recommend Super Mega Baseball. And SMB 2 should be coming out soon. Doesn't have real players, but the baseball is great and it is a super fun game.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see a good MLB game too. I see the commercials for The Show and I really would like to see it on the Xbox. I'm sure there is some license worked out that it is a PS exclusive, but hopefully that will lift at some point and we will see it on Xbox. I would have to imagine it would be advantageous for the developer and MLB to get more units sold, for what I would assume would be minimal effort.

Until then I will just wait. I don't want it badly enough to switch to PS, but I would pre-order it if it was available on Xbox. I made the mistake of buying RBI a couple years ago, and will definitely not waste my money on it in the future, even as an arcade based game it is not worth the money (and I think I only paid $15 at the time).

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Sony has an exclusive of sorts on its MLB The Show series. Not sure how far that extends but that series is made purely for PlayStation.

Assume what it would need is Microsoft to draft in a developer and acquire a license from MLB. The issue with Baseball is that it's mainly a U.S. thing. Japan loves it, but doesn't love Xbox, and while the sport has a following here in Europe, is it enough to warrant going out and making a game?

Wait And how Sony are doing it? How other companies are doing games and sports far less popular than baseball. We've got games on rugby, cricket, cycling or even handball.
MS are a MAJOR company with BILLIONS. They should invest in making more games for their customers I'm tired of reading excuses for them...

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
You people are completely irrational.

You think Microsoft wants to discontinue products? Of course not, but they cant just dump endless amounts of money into failing endeavors. They are a business not a fan boy factory. If it doesn't sell, it doesn't last.

Baseball is dying, sad but true. Unless Microsoft makes it themselves, they cant force 2k or EA to make a quality game for Xbox.

We people are consumers. We want a gaming company to invest money into their products. If that company doesn't do that and just doesn't keep promises they make then we as consumes have the right to criticise that company and look for the competition.

Let's stop this "******" bs it's about being gamers/consumers.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
@unmorphed: for me, your comment shows exactly what's wrong with gaming today.

I've read it again and it shows and tells so much.
I'll assume that you're a gamer and a consumer. What you're doing here is calling fellow gamer/consumer who posted here irrational. And you may even imply that some of are fanboys.

The real problem here is
1) MS not investing enough for their customers. Enough when we compare to the competition who is such a small company in comparison.
2) MS makes promises but doesn't keep them. Since I'm a gamer I'll give a gaming example. The kinect.
MS initially sold the kinect with the help of fake presentation and false dreams and cabalities (remember project Milo?). It sold 25-30m units.
In 2013, they hyped up the kinect 2.0 a lot and kept saying it was a priority for them. They said it over the years but yet only made one major game for it. That shows supporting a product you were hyping.
It was probably not successful in an economic sense BUT MS hardly invested ANYTHING to make it successful. It almost look like MS gave up on it right from the start.

Bottom line is that the point is that MS is not investing enough.
That's a concern for many gamers who wants games...

Instead of joining us consumers/gamers and asking for mre investment, you're defending a company. You're coming up with crazy excuse like MS can't force 2K or EA. MS HAS MONEY!!! They can either pay a dev to make a game or invest on a studio or make their own studio to make a game. It's that simple. No on is talking of forcing people to do stuff... Sometimes I can't believe the crazy arguments made by people... smh

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
We people are consumers. We want a gaming company to invest money into their products. If that company doesn't do that and just doesn't keep promises they make then we as consumes have the right to criticise that company and look for the competition.

Let's stop this "******" bs it's about being gamers/consumers.

Like I said, completely irrational.

Let's go over what the OP gripes were:

Phones - billions of $ invested, excuse me, wasted

Band - Tried two generations, neither caught on, but MS said from the beginning that the device was made as a show piece for their partners and was never meant for commercial success.

Groove - that experiment lasted over a decade and should have been abandoned years ago.

Hey I get, I invested in all of these things and it's very disappointing. Rational thought won't allow me to cry about it though

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
@unmorphed: for me, your comment shows exactly what's wrong with gaming today.

I've read it again and it shows and tells so much.
I'll assume that you're a gamer and a consumer. What you're doing here is calling fellow gamer/consumer who posted here irrational. And you may even imply that some of are fanboys.

The real problem here is
1) MS not investing enough for their customers. Enough when we compare to the competition who is such a small company in comparison.
2) MS makes promises but doesn't keep them. Since I'm a gamer I'll give a gaming example. The kinect.
MS initially sold the kinect with the help of fake presentation and false dreams and cabalities (remember project Milo?). It sold 25-30m units.
In 2013, they hyped up the kinect 2.0 a lot and kept saying it was a priority for them. They said it over the years but yet only made one major game for it. That shows supporting a product you were hyping.
It was probably not successful in an economic sense BUT MS hardly invested ANYTHING to make it successful. It almost look like MS gave up on it right from the start.

Bottom line is that the point is that MS is not investing enough.
That's a concern for many gamers who wants games...

Instead of joining us consumers/gamers and asking for mre investment, you're defending a company. You're coming up with crazy excuse like MS can't force 2K or EA. MS HAS MONEY!!! They can either pay a dev to make a game or invest on a studio or make their own studio to make a game. It's that simple. No on is talking of forcing people to do stuff... Sometimes I can't believe the crazy arguments made by people... smh

Wow.

Definition of irrational.

I see exactly where you are coming from and I sympathize, but to pretend that Microsoft has not even invested as much as Sony is completely ridiculous and backed by nothing more than whatever assumptions you need to bolster your irrational thought.

Now, imagine we're talking about a business. Look up terms like profits, ROI (return of investment) and shareholders. Study the very basics of business.

Before you decide that I AM What's Wrong, let me throw this out there... I was a Windows developer, focused on mobile applications. I own over a dozen Windows phones. Between the first and second generations, I owned 5 Bands. I have 3 Xboxs, including the One X. I've always owned a Kinect. I have a Surface Pro 3 and a Surface Book. I HAD 3 ZUNES! I've had a subscription to Groove since it was Zune and still had 2 years of prepaid subscription when they killed it

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It's good to have options. I chose Xbox initially for Forza (an Xbox exclusive), and I will keep it. Most games are available cross platform, but some aren't and won't be, and that is something we have to deal with. You can send messages to Microsoft and developers and start online petitions, etc. That might have an effect, and might catch the eye of the right person. Either that or buy another console and get the games you want. I want a quality MLB game, but not enough to justify spending several hundred dollars for it.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
but to pretend that Microsoft has not even invested as much as Sony is completely ridiculous and backed by nothing more than whatever assumptions you need to bolster your irrational thought.

Ridiculous? It's looking at number of games. Look at the number of exclusives, console exclusives and games in general that they are making and announcing.

It's been what? More than 32 months since they last announced a non-Forza AAA console exclusive?
E3 2016
State of Decay 2 (indie game that could well end up on steam)

Gamescom 2016
Nothing

E3 3017
Next Ori (indie game that could well end up on steam)
Super lucky's tale (indie game that could well end up on steam)

So tell me. Are you satisfied with the those numbers?

All that while closing down studios, cancelling major games and killing tech like kinect. Look at the competition. The difference is quite obvious.
Not really that ridiculous or based on assumptions.

"Now, imagine we're talking about a business. Look up terms like profits, ROI (return of investment) and shareholders. Study the very basics of business."
Oh but I know those things. MS knows it too. For me, it looks like Shareholders or investors are their priority, not gamers or gaming.
Like I said how do you expect a product to succeed if you don't support it? Why do products fail? Don't they have some sort responsability?
I've given the kinect example. Shouldn't they be at fault for that failure?

I see that you are fully into the MS ecosystem. Can I assume that you're a fan of MS or that you're loyal to MS/XB?
My whole point is that we aren't being irrational. We are looking at it from a consumer's point of view.
There is a simple comparison.
1) The show isn't on XB1. He wants to play The show so he will go to the platform that has it.
2) One console clearly has more exclusives, console exclusives or upcoming exclusives/console exclusives. Both AAA, indies or more diverse library. So it's not irrational to prefer a console that has more games if games is actually a priority.
3) If the guy thinks MS just keeps failing with the services or products than that's his opinion. There is ALWAYS a reason why something fails. If MS don't make money and record loss then MS should have some fault in it. If someone isn't happy with strategy, policies, repeated failures, repeated failed promises by a company then it's not irrational to look elsewhere.

I think it's actually rational to move away from a product/brand that disappoints you or that doesn't fullfil your needs.
I would say it's arctually irrational to be attached to a brand/company no matter what. To support and defend them no matter what.
Why I say it's a problem to the industry is that if someone will just blindly follow/support a company and defend them for their failures will not help that company. Criticism is actually good to improve. If people keeps praising them, they'll just continue making mistakes...

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Ridiculous? It's looking at number of games. Look at the number of exclusives, console exclusives and games in general that they are making and announcing.

It's been what? More than 32 months since they last announced a non-Forza AAA console exclusive?
E3 2016
State of Decay 2 (indie game that could well end up on steam)

Gamescom 2016
Nothing

E3 3017
Next Ori (indie game that could well end up on steam)
Super lucky's tale (indie game that could well end up on steam)

So tell me. Are you satisfied with the those numbers?

All that while closing down studios, cancelling major games and killing tech like kinect. Look at the competition. The difference is quite obvious.
Not really that ridiculous or based on assumptions.

"Now, imagine we're talking about a business. Look up terms like profits, ROI (return of investment) and shareholders. Study the very basics of business."
Oh but I know those things. MS knows it too. For me, it looks like Shareholders or investors are their priority, not gamers or gaming.
Like I said how do you expect a product to succeed if you don't support it? Why do products fail? Don't they have some sort responsability?
I've given the kinect example. Shouldn't they be at fault for that failure?

I see that you are fully into the MS ecosystem. Can I assume that you're a fan of MS or that you're loyal to MS/XB?
My whole point is that we aren't being irrational. We are looking at it from a consumer's point of view.
There is a simple comparison.
1) The show isn't on XB1. He wants to play The show so he will go to the platform that has it.
2) One console clearly has more exclusives, console exclusives or upcoming exclusives/console exclusives. Both AAA, indies or more diverse library. So it's not irrational to prefer a console that has more games if games is actually a priority.
3) If the guy thinks MS just keeps failing with the services or products than that's his opinion. There is ALWAYS a reason why something fails. If MS don't make money and record loss then MS should have some fault in it. If someone isn't happy with strategy, policies, repeated failures, repeated failed promises by a company then it's not irrational to look elsewhere.

I think it's actually rational to move away from a product/brand that disappoints you or that doesn't fullfil your needs.
I would say it's arctually irrational to be attached to a brand/company no matter what. To support and defend them no matter what.
Why I say it's a problem to the industry is that if someone will just blindly follow/support a company and defend them for their failures will not help that company. Criticism is actually good to improve. If people keeps praising them, they'll just continue making mistakes...

I'm not saying to blindly follow anything. Hence I use iPhone, an Android and a Samsung watch. I didn't say or hint at anything like that.

What I'm saying is that its irrational to expect any company to dump money into a failing effort forever and that its irrational to claim there wasn't enough effort.

And again, your claim that Microsoft hasn't invested as much money as Sony into gaming is unsustaintiated. Your "numbers" above are missing one thing... dollars.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb