Xbox Mixed Reality?

EXboxNick

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, sorry, I meant UHD Blu Ray support. Thanks for catching this. HDMI 1.4a did support 4k @30hz though I thought whereas 2.0 supported the full 4k @60hz.

An update would've fixed this with firmware, easily. They didn't have to exclude the original One

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, sorry, I meant UHD Blu Ray support. Thanks for catching this. HDMI 1.4a did support 4k @30hz though I thought whereas 2.0 supported the full 4k @60hz.

An update would've fixed this with firmware, easily. They didn't have to exclude the original One
I don't think a firmware update makes this happen. As far as I know, this is like USB 2.0 vs. 3.0. That is a hardware limitation, and no amount of software can change that.

EXboxNick

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think a firmware update makes this happen. As far as I know, this is like USB 2.0 vs. 3.0. That is a hardware limitation, and no amount of software can change that.

https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_0/hdmi_2_0a_faq.aspx

I'm pretty sure it's still the same 15 pin connector. I have setup professional AV equipment for years, so although HDMI isn't regularly used for long distance cabling,I follow this stuff pretty closely. Though I'll be happy to admit when I'm wrong..

Msft could've easily fixed this, same with an update to add 4k BD support. It's not asking much when smart devices are so funny compared to a One console. Again, they're in the money business and stock process have nearly doubled since Nadella took over, and not by handing out freebies either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos