Closingracer

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
For the price I really love this laptop. I was a bit skeptical buying a dell but it was the only laptop with a 1060 max Q or higher under $1,000( $879 before tax with $100 student coupon from Best Buy). I was really looking at the Lenovo y530 but I convinced myself to get the dell because of specs and reviews. Now my question is for whoever owned the insperion gaming series laptop or the G7 how does the hardware stand up? I’ve had bad experiences in the past with dell products but this was well over 13-15 years ago now

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
For Dell a LOT depends on the model. They DO have some higher end stuff, such as the XPS & Alienware lines. Their Inspiron & Latitude lines are more mid range and may not hold up as well. HOWEVER all of their stuff is better than the Dell of 15 years ago.

Closingracer

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
For Dell a LOT depends on the model. They DO have some higher end stuff, such as the XPS & Alienware lines. Their Inspiron & Latitude lines are more mid range and may not hold up as well. HOWEVER all of their stuff is better than the Dell of 15 years ago.

Which is why I am just going to run with jt instead of the Lenovo Y530 which is probably better for me since it’s a pound lighter basically but the specs is too good to pass up on price. This G7 used to be their Inspiron gaming laptop for budget minded people and just been renamed. Reviews are good on it. Hopefully Dell has been better because it’s a good laptop except for the screen.

v_2samg

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I would never really recommend gaming on a laptop for various reasons. No matter what laptop it is. But that's just me.

Harits Hammam

Oct 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi, i would like to know is it only me that when plugged in and playing games, the battery indicator says "plugged in, discharging".

Is it normal or is it dangerous? what should i do?

Thank you

v_2samg

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i would like to know is it only me that when plugged in and playing games, the battery indicator says "plugged in, discharging".

Is it normal or is it dangerous? what should i do?

Thank you

This is normal for some systems. The power requirement for some systems may exceed what the AC Adaptor can provide under heavy load conditions. Hence, the system draws the extra power from the battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb