Spooky games for Halloween?

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
What horror games are your favorites? Xbox or otherwise?

I'm a big fan of the Resident Evil series, psyched about RE2 in January. :D

Matt Brown

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Recommend every horror fan plays Observer - from the same developer of Layers of Fear, and has a really unique take on the genre. Cyberpunk and horror is a great mix.

Russell Holly

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I love Edge of Nowhere, the VR horror game Insomniac made for Oculus Rift. Not so much jump scare as creepy twisted mess, and it’s a lot of fun to explore everything in that unique perspective.

Brendan Lowry

Writer
Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
A great classic is always Silent Hill 2! Probably my favorite horror game of all time. Resident Evil 4 is a close contender as well.

I also highly recommend the new game Call of Cthulhu.

Jaz Brown

Feb 21, 2018
Visit site
Does Maniac Mansion count? No wait... P.T.

Ok I’ll be less willfully obtuse. Alien Isolation. If you’re a fan of the original Alien, they did such a stellar job of recreating that world. The tension is glorious and palpable.

Cale Hunt

WC Staff Writer
Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Resident Evil was always up there for me. I also got Outlast II in my Humble Bundle ... last month? Have yet to try it, but maybe this weekend.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I think a very good game with lot of horror movies elements is Nocturne (1999, from Terminal Reality), but is only for PC.

And, my favourite, the masterpiece: F.E.A.R. (2005, Monolith), awesome plot, great fusion of action and horror.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6