Next Xbox family to use Arcturus GPU NOT Navi. Rumor.

Richard Loveridge

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Lots of rumors and leaks for Xbox 2 over January. The latest is a supposed very early devkit screen. Showing a possible side Cache off die EDRam of 1GB.

On top of that the most interesting part is not Navi, but the Arcturus GPU. A whole generation ahead of Navis feature set.

https://youtu.be/jfUI9mmRodo

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/al55zv/possible_xbox_scarlet_leak_with_amd_arcturus_gpu/

The very reliable YouTuber has also given reasons as to why this particular screens hot of the devkit shows 22gb ram. As it could be in a mode for Lockhart as opposed to Anaconda. He is expecting Anaconda devkit to use 48gb ram.

Those unaware devkit often use around double the ram of the actual retail console. So it's feasible it's Lockhart around 11-12 gb GDDR6.

Of course it could be fake. Or even early and subject to change.

The reddit original poster made this comment.

"To be clear this is sent to me from someone at microsoft xbox software division

fake or real, i have no clue , he said they're experimenting with some kits sent recently from amd and that there's some Zen2 variants that do away with traditional SMT of 2 threads per core and amd is experimenting with new way to maximize cpu usage with something called HyperScheduler, and currently they optimizing their compiler to better handle that

and about that L4 cache, its eDRAM located outside the Zen2 die, designed to compensate for the high latency of having GDDR6 as the system RAM"

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
One thing that I have always been confused about is how much of the RAM is dedicated to video. Sure, it may have 11 GB, but how much for the OS? Even if it takes 4 GB, that leaves 8 for games, making this similar to a GTX 1070.

Richard Loveridge

May 26, 2015
Visit site
One thing that I have always been confused about is how much of the RAM is dedicated to video. Sure, it may have 11 GB, but how much for the OS? Even if it takes 4 GB, that leaves 8 for games, making this similar to a GTX 1070.

Xbox one X has 12gb GDDR5 @326GBPS. 10gb for games, 2gb for OS. A GTX 1070 by comparison has 8GB @256GBPS. As a comparison.

GDDR6 on a 384 bit bus could do 768GBPS memory bandwidth.

I expect if the leak is real, it is the Lockhart version. Probably 12gb GDDR6. It's more likely Anaconda will have 24 GB GDDR6.

The most important thing though if the leak is real is Arcturus GPU is a whole Gen ahead of Navi. If PS5 has Navi and Xbox 2 has Arcturus. That's a huge advantage to Xbox. Very interesting how this plays out.

Also in the reddit post, the guy who posted it said it came from an Xbox Software engineer. I'll add his comment to the OP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon