RTX 20 series laptops

Henry Linc

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I'm planning to buy a new laptop this year as I will further my study for Bachelor. Heard that the RTX 20 series laptops is somehow not worth buying because of the benchmarks not having a huge difference than laptops with GTX 10 series last year. Can someone elaborate this scenario, I'm a Multimedia student, really need a good decent laptop for work and also game. Really need suggestion/opinion for both short term and long term usage.

Cale Hunt

WC Staff Writer
Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I have a couple RTX laptops from Lenovo in my office that I'll get to testing soon. They should outperform laptops with 10-series NVIDIA GPUs but you're right, the performance probably isn't wide enough to warrant the price difference unless you're specifically interested in ray tracing and DLSS, two features that the RTX cards offer that GTX cards don't.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Speaking for the desktop cards, I was set to get an RTX as soon as they released. Then, I cancelled the preorder, and waited for reviews. I'm glad I did. The performance gain, to me, wasn't worth the price NVidia wanted. So, instead, I got a 1080Ti (I was upgrading from a 1060). I really feel I made the better move.

All that being said, the mobile versions of the GPUs aren't that dissimilar to the desktop ones. If I were you, I would get a laptop with a 10 series card, look for one that the battery can be swapped out easily, and buy a few extra batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre