03-29-2012 11:10 AM
30 12
tools
    I've always wanted a tablet, was originally looking at the failure of the Xoom and then the XYBOARD, and other tablets powered by Android. I will NEVER buy another iDevice again in my life. I'm really hoping these new Win8 tablets are a hit, and take the market by storm.
    03-26-2012 06:37 AM
    @threed61
    Thinking of buying a w500.
    Can you tell me what doesn't work on the w500?
    Thanks.
    I'm using it on an Iconia W500 and it's pretty awesome. W8 is definitely maximized for a touch experience. I'm learning more and more every time I use it. I think the OS is perfect when you have a docking keyboard station and a removable screen/tablet. Someone earlier was saying they needed folders and favorites to find things. I thought that too at first until I realized that from the Start / Home Screen, you just start typing what you want and the options start boiling up on your screen (kinda like autocomplete) until what you are looking for is there. Tap it and go. I no longer have to search for WPCENTRAL...I just start typing and it boils up to the top with each letter I type. Very cool.

I also noticed in Explorer, you just swipe your finger left or right to go to your previous or ahead browser screen history and guess what Microsoft is doing? They are putting ads on these "between" screens. Brilliantly annoying but not so much as to **** me off. Yet. I think it's smart actually.

In closing, W8 is perfect on an Iconia. I think the OS sometimes demands a keyboard. If you can find one or get one cheap. But from what I'm reading, there are going to be a ton of new tablets coming by October, maybe sooner, so I'd wait if I were you. Then I'll sell you mine. hahaha
    03-29-2012 07:34 AM
    I don't know why, but, those 3 black-nailed fingers coming out from under the screen freak me out.
    03-29-2012 07:40 AM
    I've found very little I can't do with my tablet. I turn on the desktop only 2-3 times a week.
    After using the Win 8 preview, lets hope MS is working on favorites and folders. It will suck to go through dozens or hundreds of tiles to get to something.
    From the start screen just type the name of what you are looking for and it should boil up onto your screen for you (similar to autocomplete). Took me a while to learn this. You can even just type www.whateverwebsiteyouwant.com from the start screen, without even being in Explorer, and the website will open. Took me a while to find that little ditty too.
    03-29-2012 07:45 AM
    From the start screen just type the name of what you are looking for and it should boil up onto your screen for you (similar to autocomplete). Took me a while to learn this. You can even just type www.whateverwebsiteyouwant.com from the start screen, without even being in Explorer, and the website will open. Took me a while to find that little ditty too.
    It took a few days but the updates that wouldn't install finally did. Everything works a lot better now. Discovered the typing trick through trial and error. Win8 blog is very helpful too. I like being a guinea pig, so I'm having fun.
    03-29-2012 11:10 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD