Will you get a Windows 8 tablet?

straitda

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Samsung Series 7 slate for work when the developer preview was released. Since then I have installed the developer preview on it. I'll use it as my Windows 8 tablet until something better/cheaper comes out.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I voted yes, but I'm kind of interested in a convertible laptop/tablet. I'll be interested to see what kind of form factors they introduce. In particular, I'd like it to be as thin as possible, so perhaps a convertible ultrabook. Basically, I'd still like to have a real keyboard.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Very interested to see if Intel will be able to bring competent performance and good battery life. An Asus Transformer-esque tablet that could be used to run legacy apps when docked seems like the most compelling use case.

threedog

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I voted yes, but I'm kind of interested in a convertible laptop/tablet. I'll be interested to see what kind of form factors they introduce. In particular, I'd like it to be as thin as possible, so perhaps a convertible ultrabook. Basically, I'd still like to have a real keyboard.

I would look out for what Fujitsu offers. They have been producing convertibles even in the face of everyone else going gaga over ios and android tables and have only been let down by Windows 7's poor touch performance and Intel's power hungry chips. If they can produce a thinner convertible with Intel's low power Atom's or whatever-Trail is their latest and greatest, and add Windows 8 with a Wacom digitiser that will be the one to look out for.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes...hoping Nokia have one on launch day. I'm totally buying into the Nokia hardware and ecosystem.

Sent from my HTC TITAN using Board Express

emark858

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Bought an Acer Iconia Tab W500 and put the consumer preview on it. Only had it four days but it runs really smoothly. Still learning my way around but so far really liking it.

Hoekie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
And yes an ARM Nokia W8 and low power x86 tablet will enter my house too. After Tab10.1 and ipad W8 is really how a tablet should be.

Last edited:

HD7guy

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
What are you the grammar police I don't get :30 seconds to edit... lol
I think people readers are getting more tuned in to grammar and spelling mistakes on the site, because more and more obvious mistakes are showing up in articles. Either authors/editors need more sleep, or they are leaving that job to the readers. Either way, your reputation is starting to slide. Not good.

HD7guy

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Running it on an AMD C60 netbook and quite responsive. Trackpad/mouse isn't as good an experience as touch, but not bad either. One big potential problem for Windows 8 is the jarring switch between Metro and desktop. I wish type-searching for an application in desktop mode did not toss you to Metro mode. Also touch searching should not require the user to know what kind of app (Program vs. Control Panel).

Relatively minor annoyances aside, I like the OS, and I will be getting an x64 tablet when available. I'd have that Samsung now, but I expect a few hardware improvements and features for Windows 8 final.

slbailey1

Sep 3, 2006
Visit site
I'm 90% sure that I will get a WOA tablet. It will depend on the following:

1. Will the WOA tablet have LTE thru Verizon?
2. Will there be a 7" or 7.7" WOA tablet?
3. Will it have my core required apps. I'm in the process of identifying them.
4. Will Samsung be making be making the 7" or 7.7" WOA tablet?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99