Why does the Acer Iconia w500 not have its on sub-forum?

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I mean they gotta start somewhere! From what I have seen this is a pretty good tablet. its less than a year old too and you can pick them up on ebay for cheap. They also run the windows 8 consumer preview

Windows 8 Consumer Preview Review - YouTube

My only questions is, if you download the windows 8 consumer preview (how do you even do that lol?) does it keep updating and eventually will just turn into windows 8 or will you have to re-download it every time a new update is out? Thanks!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hey buckeyeballer09

sadly we are not a tablet forum/web site , we have only recently added a *tablet* section to the forum due to popular demand.

Maybe in the future we will add more support for tablet but I cant promise anything ( its allot of work )

Last edited:

chevydudesixty9

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I dont see why. iMore has the iPad, webOS Nation has the Touchpad, and Crackberry has the playbook.

The Playbook doesnt run Black Berry OS but still has a forum. Saying Windows 8 Tablets aren't the same as Windows Phone would be invalid.

Since windows 8 and windows phone 8 will be very similar I dont see why not start adding a forum of tablets that can run windows 8.

But hey, what do i know.

I have a w500 running windows 8 and love it!

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I mean they gotta start somewhere! From what I have seen this is a pretty good tablet. its less than a year old too and you can pick them up on ebay for cheap. They also run the windows 8 consumer preview

Windows 8 Consumer Preview Review - YouTube

My only questions is, if you download the windows 8 consumer preview (how do you even do that lol?) does it keep updating and eventually will just turn into windows 8 or will you have to re-download it every time a new update is out? Thanks!
You can download windows 8 from the microsoft site Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview . Just bing search windows 8 and you will find it. You will have to use a USB or SD card because the SDD is not big enough to "upgrade" windows 7, must be a clean install.

Microsoft does release updates for windows 8 as normal updates. I have recieved multiple updates for both DP and CP, HOWEVER when a big update comes, example developer preview to consumer preview to (most likely) release preview a clean install has to be done. As stated before a clean install is only required because 16 GB HDD space is required for an upgrade and getting windows down to 16 GB is tough but probably could be done.

Will it eventually become windows 8 (full)?? Well with windows 7 you were able to update to the release canidate, which is the final version pretty much, but it has a expiration date that will adventually require you to buy the liscence key. This is what I expect from windows 8 as well.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Imore has the Ipad.. ok

if we started adding all the tablets that can run W8 we could open up an entire other forum just for it and we would need to get like 2-3 more mods an other admin. etc...

its allot of work. Apple only has 3 Ipad.. Windows tablet would be growing 10-20-30-40 tablets pretty quickly .

Like i said . we MIGHT add more int he future when W8 actually comes out! ( 6months+) but cant promise anything as I am not the Admin that takes final decisions.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The W500 doesnt support Aero or Metro Snap...I'll wait for the version that does. Pretty sure all WIn8 tabs will have a minimum of 1366x768 res

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb