And so it has begun

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Im drooling over the tablet onslaught at computex. Asus, Acer, Toshiba, Samsung, and even a thinkpad tablet. WOW.

Not just tablets BUT convertibles with keyboards (OMG, scream/screetch like a 15 y/o girl at a bieber concert) I'm so excited for the future domination with W8.

I'm ready to go sell some stuff out of my garage and pawn stuff and save as money to buy two really nice tablet this year.

Now, I'm just waiting to see what Nokia offers before I make my final decision. I would love to have a Nokia tablet that matches the color of what ever Lumia I get.

what do y'all think of what you've seen so far from computex??

Oh and help me decide between x86 and ARM.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Im drooling over the tablet onslaught at computex. Asus, Acer, Toshiba, Samsung, and even a thinkpad tablet. WOW.

Not just tablets BUT convertibles with keyboards (OMG, scream/screetch like a 15 y/o girl at a bieber concert) I'm so excited for the future domination with W8.

I'm ready to go sell some stuff out of my garage and pawn stuff and save as money to buy two really nice tablet this year.

Now, I'm just waiting to see what Nokia offers before I make my final decision. I would love to have a Nokia tablet that matches the color of what ever Lumia I get.

If the price points are right, I'd go x86. The ability to add peripherals just like you would on a laptop would be spectacular. W8 would have to really come up with a game changing ARM tablet to slow down Android or iOS. I'm ready though.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Well Android tablet prices are dropping so they need to not kill themselves on price, which has always been too high for Windows Tablets.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

Fawning over the Asus Tablet 600. Totally want one.

As for x86 versus ARM, it all depends on what you want. I'll likely go ARM with the Asus Tablet 600. If I decide to go Atom, I'll go Thinkpad Tablet.

ARM: great battery life, snappy performance, but no support for legacy x86 software.
Atom (x86): great battery life, x86 support, but sluggish performance.
Ivy Bridge (x86): snappy performance, x86 support, but lower battery life and higher price.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
matte screen? I like the shiny screens but they have to do something before release to cut down on the smudges I've seen so far

Cleaning a matte screen is a lot harder than a glossy screen. You have to clean touchscreens so often, I think a matte touchscreen would be annoying after a while. Plus, wouldn't regular cleanings eventually create smooth spots, messing with how the screen looks?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss