Came across this smartphone runs both WIN 7 and Android, $358.61 - TinyDeal - (SAYCOOL) 10.1 M10 Multi-touch Android & Win7 OS Tablet PC L-82902
    and i was wondering how can i realize dual OS on my tablet, are there any clue ! can I realize this thru my USB flash disk, if so how!
    yuerolling and reeshy like this.
    06-12-2012 02:56 AM
    Your tablet would need to use an Intel processor, which is not very likely. Windows 7 only runs on Intel/AMD processors and for the upcoming Windows 8, you can only go to the store and buy the Intel/AMD version. If you have an Intel tablet, then you would just need to partition the storage into two partitions (one for Android, one for Windows) and then install Windows in the blank partition.
    yuerolling, reeshy and occer like this.
    06-12-2012 12:02 PM
    Your tablet would need to use an Intel processor, which is not very likely. Windows 7 only runs on Intel/AMD processors and for the upcoming Windows 8, you can only go to the store and buy the Intel/AMD version. If you have an Intel tablet, then you would just need to partition the storage into two partitions (one for Android, one for Windows) and then install Windows in the blank partition.
    Thanx for your detailed information and I'll give it a try. hope it work for me!!
    06-12-2012 09:18 PM
    sounds funny!! if you make it, can you PM me, I want to try it out!!
    reeshy likes this.
    06-12-2012 09:28 PM
    but how can you choose the wanted system when boot-up !
    06-12-2012 09:41 PM
    but how can you choose the wanted system when boot-up !
    it would have a boot loader. I run Win7 and Fedora 17 Linux on my laptop. At boot, i select which operating system to boot to.
    Laura Knotek and reeshy like this.
    06-12-2012 09:51 PM
    Thanx for your detailed information and I'll give it a try. hope it work for me!!
    What tablet do you have? If you post a brand and model we could probably figure what processor it has and if it is even possible.
    06-13-2012 12:03 AM
    I don't know about dual-booting Windows and Android.

I dual-boot Windows and Linux. I have Windows 7 Professional and openSUSE 12.1 currently, but I'll probably add Fedora 17 (and triple-boot).

On a desktop, you need to install Windows first, and then install a Linux distro. You really cannot install Linux first and then install Windows. I have never run Android, so I don't know if an Android installation has to follow a Windows installation, like how it is done with Linux.
    06-13-2012 12:21 AM
    The boot loader will look something like this if you are dual-booting a Linux distro and Windows.

That is Ubuntu, but all Linux distros use Grub or Grub2.
    palandri likes this.
    06-13-2012 12:27 AM
    I don't know about dual-booting Windows and Android.

I dual-boot Windows and Linux. I have Windows 7 Professional and openSUSE 12.1 currently, but I'll probably add Fedora 17 (and triple-boot).

On a desktop, you need to install Windows first, and then install a Linux distro. You really cannot install Linux first and then install Windows. I have never run Android, so I don't know if an Android installation has to follow a Windows installation, like how it is done with Linux.
    and I wonder if this will do harm to my tablet. how about urs.
    06-17-2012 08:07 PM
    The Acer W500 runs Win7, Win8 REALLY well, and Android 4.0.3 ICS (though not well supposedly) per this link:

Android-x86 - Porting Android to x86
    06-18-2012 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD