are you getting a MS surface or any other W8 tablet or laptop?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I will be upgrading my windows 7 laptop to windows 8 pro once it comes out.... Probably stick with my iPad as a tablet until either it dies or the surface pro comes down in price. iPad > surface RT, iPad < Surface Pro..... IMHO

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I will be upgrading my windows 7 laptop to windows 8 pro once it comes out.... Probably stick with my iPad as a tablet until either it dies or the surface pro comes down in price. iPad > surface RT, iPad < Surface Pro..... IMHO
You haven't even seen it and already passed judgment. Wow! How is that USB port working for you.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

N4OSX

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I've got my iPad 2 on eBay this week, for this very reason. I've just grown rather bored with iOS in general, and given that I enjoy WP7 so much, figure I'll give Surface a try. It'll be interesting to see how it compares.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It depends on price. If the surface rt costs like $600 and there is a tablet that will get the job done priced at $400 the surface will be tough to justify. If the surface is priced at $400-500 it will be hard to resist.

However, I love 7-8" tablets so if there is a reasonably priced (<$400) one at that size I'm all in.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I have my mind set on a Surface Pro; battery life needs to be just as good as the RT, though.

Battery life is critical for me, even more so than ink input.

I'll be ordering it from Amazon or Microsoft Store. If MS Store won't accept my CC card, then I'm getting it in Boston Jan '13.

tl;dr Surface Pro gonna be mine!!!!!

mud314

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I think I def will be getting the Surface, still undecided as to which model to go with though. I think I want the Pro.

Checked out the Nexus 7 today, while it is a nice device, I can see where it would bore me in a very short time frame. Pretty sure I want my next tab to be more than just casual use.

mud314

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I've got my iPad 2 on eBay this week, for this very reason. I've just grown rather bored with iOS in general, and given that I enjoy WP7 so much, figure I'll give Surface a try. It'll be interesting to see how it compares.

I know what you mean, I was out and about today and I decided to check out the S3 and Nexus 7. Very nice devices, but I think the tab would bore me after a short while and the phone, not really sure. I really have grown to enjoy WP, there are two apps I do wish we had available: Google + and Sony's Music Unlimited.

Doffen

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I will most likely get both the Surface RT and Surface Pro.
(Surface RT will replace my iPad, while the Pro will replace my current Asus Ultrabook).

Drewidian

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Personally, at this point I'll be getting an 13" or 14" Asus Transformer Book. It has just about everything I'm looking for. The Full HD screen is a requirement for me. Most importantly when docked you get a Keyboard, extra battery life, discreet graphics (hopefully NVidia m630 or m640), and an extra hard drive which makes it a perfect all in one device. When I want a tablet, it works as a tablet. It can dock and become a laptop with enough horsepower to be a potential desktop replacement and play my Steam games. So far it seems to be the only solution to be able to do this other than the Lenovo version of this, but it doesn't have a HD screen. Here's hoping the specs work out.

Hoekie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Allready have an Acer W500 running Windows 8 and sold my ipad and Galaxy Tab. I'll be getting a Surface RT the very first day. Can't W8 :)
Next up another tablet or transformer type Windows 8 tablet. Which one depends on what gets released. And a WP8 phone. Money is allready ready to be spend.

Saljen

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes - I will, just not immidately.

I'll be getting a Microsoft Surface, but not the first generation. I'll be waiting until the Intel Haswell processors come out because the graphics processor on the Intel Ivy Bridge processor isn't quite up to what I'll want it to be.

I'm looking for the Surface to be my laptop replacement. I have no room in my life for a laptop and a tablet, which is why I don't ever use the Touchpad that I got during it's fire sale (even though it's running Android 4.0 and is a very functional, speedy device). Laptop replacement means doing office programs and things of that nature, but it also means playing video games.

I understand that tablets aren't supposed to be for gaming, however the Surface is the first thing that you actually will be able to play legitimate, AAA video games on. The Ivy Bridge can run games like Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3, but at very low settings. Intel has already stated that the graphics processor on the Intel Haswell processor families will be significantly better than the one in Ivy Bridge, meaning that you'll be able to play more current games, and the ones I mentioned and better detail settings.

So my tablet fancy will wait another year or so and I'll be happy doing it because when I do make the plunge into the tablet waters it will be for a device that will truely replace my laptop and I'll no longer have to lug around my 10lb laptop bag.

dasfoto

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I definitely want a Surface, but still trying to decide which one. I like the idea of a stylus in the Pro, but the lower cost of the RT is nice considering I already own a nice laptop that has a screen big enough to do some decent photo editing. If the RT came with or had an optional stylus, I'd be all over it.

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Would get a Surface Pro to replace my notebook.
Or if the price is too expensive, Surface RT and a Windows 8 upgrade for my notebook.

But likely they won't be coming here, so hopefully it will be available with not so marked up price in the neighbouring country.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
It depends on price. If the surface rt costs like $600 and there is a tablet that will get the job done priced at $400 the surface will be tough to justify. If the surface is priced at $400-500 it will be hard to resist.

However, I love 7-8" tablets so if there is a reasonably priced (<$400) one at that size I'm all in.

watch R&B man. see what they have :D

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I think I def will be getting the Surface, still undecided as to which model to go with though. I think I want the Pro.

Checked out the Nexus 7 today, while it is a nice device, I can see where it would bore me in a very short time frame. Pretty sure I want my next tab to be more than just casual use.

I agree. something that look lifeless is very boring

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
All depends on my patience :) I thought I heard that both versions will not be released at the same time. If true then im going to do my best to wait for the surface pro, but no promises, hehe.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb