are you getting a MS surface or any other W8 tablet or laptop?

eshy

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I choose the option not listed - waiting to see the other devices first.

Intel says 20 win8 tablets running on their chips will be released this year (not sure if they really meant tablets or if that includes ultrabooks as well)
We know from news today that 4-5 hardware partners will release Win RT tablets this year as well (and we don't know if that's one model each or more)

As good as the Surface looks (and it does look very good), I'll wait for all the announcements to decide which one I'm getting. I have the added 3 months before the Surface Pro is released anyway (that will be my preference)

But if the price ranges are similar to the ipad, we will be buying a few of these

Sparkyscrum

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Allready have an Acer W500 running Windows 8 and sold my ipad and Galaxy Tab. I'll be getting a Surface RT the very first day. Can't W8 :)
Next up another tablet or transformer type Windows 8 tablet. Which one depends on what gets released. And a WP8 phone. Money is allready ready to be spend.

Same here, got my W500 running Windows 8 (now with Office 2013 Preview on board too), it knocks spots off my iPad in every area for me expect 3G connectivity (which is where I use my iPad 90% of the time).

Once the Pro version comes out I'll be getting one and a mifi to get online anywhere.

alamfour

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I will be getting a surface pro. Digital Inking is a must for me. I have been using a Windows 7 tablet for 18 months and I can't live with out my digital pen for notetaking in Meetings.

RepoUK

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Nope - perfectly happy with my W7 laptop.

hmm... an obvious choice that is missing!
(a laptop is not a tablet before anyone chimes in).

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Same here, got my W500 running Windows 8 (now with Office 2013 Preview on board too), it knocks spots off my iPad in every area for me expect 3G connectivity (which is where I use my iPad 90% of the time).

Once the Pro version comes out I'll be getting one and a mifi to get online anywhere.
well the surface basically does knock it of

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Surface RT for me. I already have a laptop for x86 needs; I want something light, zippy, and reasonably priced that can handle mobile apps (such as Netflix) plus MS Office for working in bed, on planes, and on exercise machines. The Surface is perfect for that.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Either Surface pro or maybe Nokia RT tablet or even Pro version if Nokia steps away from their ARM comfort zone.

Hard to say before any announcements. :D Surface Pro being the default for now if nothing better comes out.

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Surface Pro, honestly if they had the pen available for RT it would be a great selling point and I'd get that one.

Gonna see what all is available when the Pro comes out but I need digital ink for notes for class.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12