What Windows 8 tablet will you get?

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of or have a lits of the W8 tablets that have been announced? I'm really wanting to get one but haven't really paid any attention to any announcements of what there is.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Answering my own question it seems like AMD will present Hondo October 9th.
TECHnically Beyond Explanation -- Teaser - YouTube

So we might see W8 tablet with AMD shortly. Not totally happy with the gap between Ivy Bridge and the i3 so interested to see what AMD will be giving us as far as battery, price and power goes.

Do you mean the gap between clover trail and i3? Ivy bridge is just the prerelease code name for the next generation core i3 i5 and i7 Intel processors. Clover trail is the code name for the next gen atom processors.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean the gap between clover trail and i3? Ivy bridge is just the prerelease code name for the next generation core i3 i5 and i7 Intel processors. Clover trail is the code name for the next gen atom processors.

Yeah meant clover trail and i3.
Getting messed up with all the names here. :D

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Answering my own question it seems like AMD will present Hondo October 9th.
TECHnically Beyond Explanation -- Teaser - YouTube

So we might see W8 tablet with AMD shortly. Not totally happy with the gap between Ivy Bridge and the i3 so interested to see what AMD will be giving us as far as battery, price and power goes.

Did a bit of research on Hondo and it looks like it will be equivalent to the Brazos C-50 chip in the Acer W500 and from my experience it could be better performance wise. It will be interesting to see how it compares to Clover Trail devices. Next year will be interesting when Hondo's successor is released on a 28nm chip and Bay Trail with its 22nm chip.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So does this tablet/hybrid exists?

- 1920x1080 screen
- Detachable keyboard
- i3, i5 inside
- Availability 2012
- Price around 1000 euros

Can't for the life of me find one. Transformer Book is released somewhere in H1 2012, Surface Pro is released January 2013, who knows if it even comes to Europe. W700 is close, but then Acer on it's great wisdom decided to pair it with that dock and put the dock connectors on side so there's not even possibility for detachable keyboard.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The choice is mind boggling but the biggest question is will this generations atom processors suck as much as the ones in XP netbooks?

I still can't decide between Surface RT, Surface Pro or one of these hybrids. if someone could make a proper keyboard doc for a pro I think that would be a winner. But battery on a i5 is going to be very sucky.

There doesn't seem to be any 1920x1080 atom ones (yet) although lets face it if I am looking for a ipad 2 replacement any one of these is going to be trump it.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So does this tablet/hybrid exists?

- 1920x1080 screen
- Detachable keyboard
- i3, i5 inside
- Availability 2012
- Price around 1000 euros

Can't for the life of me find one. Transformer Book is released somewhere in H1 2012, Surface Pro is released January 2013, who knows if it even comes to Europe. W700 is close, but then Acer on it's great wisdom decided to pair it with that dock and put the dock connectors on side so there's not even possibility for detachable keyboard.

Could look at the Samsung Smart PC Pro, only thing unknown now is price, has all your other criteria.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
AMD is announcing a new tablet tomorrow using one of their new APUs. Looking forward to seeing what they bring to the table.

Same here! My last few desktops and my last laptop had AMD processors. Hopefully it's a W8, and not RT.

I want a W8/Pro tablet. Hoping it can replace my desktop and iPad. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss