Tablet pricing

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I had them in mind too but no word on availability and the insane RT pricing makes me think they will be priced just right for the rich and famous. ��. And I prefer core i5 because i3 doesn't have turbo mode for that extra bit of performance so that wont be cheap.

I'm battling with similar problem on Transformer Book. Thinking if i3 is worth it and should i5 be the only option when going for core.
It's such a shame W700 can't have keyboard dock. Acer got the price right, though it's to be seen is the quality there.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
My issue is I see tablets as adding to an ecosystem NOT replace my pc/laptop... the pro version is going to be well over priced IMO.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
My issue is I see tablets as adding to an ecosystem NOT replace my pc/laptop... the pro version is going to be well over priced IMO.

I would agree that for most core hybrids are overpriced.
To my situation it's just perfect. I use a lot of my iPad 2 and need lighter, more compact laptop for uni. Sold my old laptop couple of weeks ago and just now selling my ipad 2.

So Transformer Book or Surface Pro should do just what i want for around ~1100 euros.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm battling with similar problem on Transformer Book. Thinking if i3 is worth it and should i5 be the only option when going for core.

It's such a shame W700 can't have keyboard dock. Acer got the price right, though it's to be seen is the quality there.

The more I look at the available options the more I think the Transformer Book is my best option. The 11.6" is still portable enough for me to use as a tablet but the has the power for when docked with its keyboard dock, which is the only detachable with a backlit keyboard that I know of.

All hinges on pricing and it has a few shortcomings like no flash in the camera and no USB on the tablet but overall its the best compromise for me. Hopefully they are not more expensive than the Taichi which technically should be more expensive with 2 screens.

gman1868

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
If I'm reading their site correctly it's $499 WITHOUT the touch keyboard? The iPad is cheaper. They are $449 on sale at Microcenter. The price should have been $399 with the touch cover, not $499 without one.

Poor marketing strikes again. Without a price incentive, they won't sell enough to grab market share from the Android and Apple tablets. What ever happened to the Microsoft that would price their products cheaper than the competition to provide incentive to buy their products?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
If I'm reading their site correctly it's $499 WITHOUT the touch keyboard? The iPad is cheaper. They are $449 on sale at Microcenter. The price should have been $399 with the touch cover, not $499 without one.

Poor marketing strikes again. Without a price incentive, they won't sell enough to grab market share from the Android and Apple tablets. What ever happened to the Microsoft that would price their products cheaper than the competition to provide incentive to buy their products?

Their OEMs happened. They dont want to screw over their income through OEMs by screwing them over instead.

While this feels to have changed over time, but MS originally sort of implied that this is a reference device to show the OEMs how it's done.

SkylerP

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site

Actually, $459.99 is for the 16gig and $559.99 for the 32gig. The 32gig Surface is $499 which is still cheaper than the iPad

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site

You should really look closer before you try and spout off about what you don't know troll. The 32GB iPad is more expensive than the 32GB surface. The 32GB iPad is $599 WITHOUT a keyboard, while the 32GB Surface is $599 WITH the keyboard. If you want to compare them actually closer then the 32GB iPad is still $599 while the Surface without the keyboard is ....$499. Now which one is cheaper? Go back to your ifan's and get something to really discuss.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm disappointed but not heartbroken over the price. It would be nice once we activated the tablet there would be a 50.00 credit or something on the app store for us.

But I won't hold my breath...

gman1868

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
You should really look closer before you try and spout off about what you don't know troll. The 32GB iPad is more expensive than the 32GB surface. The 32GB iPad is $599 WITHOUT a keyboard, while the 32GB Surface is $599 WITH the keyboard. If you want to compare them actually closer then the 32GB iPad is still $599 while the Surface without the keyboard is ....$499. Now which one is cheaper? Go back to your ifan's and get something to really discuss.

iWhat? Apple is crApple.

The Surface is too expensive, the lack of a mature ecosystem for their products means they needed to provide incentive where they could via pricing.

Y U So Mad Bro?
80.png

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
iWhat? Apple is crApple.

The Surface is too expensive, the lack of a mature ecosystem for their products means they needed to provide incentive where they could via pricing.

Y U So Mad Bro?
Click to view quoted image

So you just joined the forum just to complain that it was too expensive? Really no other posts, except to complain about the price compared to the iPad.
I'm not mad, just pointing out how your trolling comment was inherently false.

The price is cheaper than the iPad, the ecosystem will be there. I'm using Windows 8 and can tell you that apps are appearing everyday in the store, plus let's face it, how do you not develop apps for the brand that has more computers out there than anyone.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think them being priced the same as the iPad, with more memory AND a keyboard AND something closer to a full pc experience, is fierce competition. But we'll see

gman1868

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
So you just joined the forum just to complain that it was too expensive? Really no other posts, except to complain about the price compared to the iPad.
I'm not mad, just pointing out how your trolling comment was inherently false.

The price is cheaper than the iPad, the ecosystem will be there. I'm using Windows 8 and can tell you that apps are appearing everyday in the store, plus let's face it, how do you not develop apps for the brand that has more computers out there than anyone.

I'm not making it up: Microsoft's Surface pricing could be 'a fatal mistake,' says analyst | ZDNet

Even the MS apologists ZDNet agree they made a mistake. It should have priced $100 less across the board. My concern isn't about the device, it's their continued poor marketing choices.

Yes, I joined and posted this because their mistake is huge and it was important enough for me to make a stink about.

The funniest thing is that everyone I know considers me a Microsoft ****** :lol:

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

And yet it continues to sell briskly. Go figure...

I read that article yesterday - the writer is bloody hack. He points to Zune and Kin as to why Microsoft will fail this time.

There is a whole plethora of articles out there that point to Microsoft's imminent demise in the tablet (and smartphone of course) market. Some "journalists" still think it's 1995 and Bill Gates is forcing people to use Internet Explorer 4.

I could give a crispy crap for the lot of them.

ieuser

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
People wrote that the iPad would fail too, describing it as a big ipod. People write this stuff because they know people will read it. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon