Here's the new Surface ad for TV. What do you think?
    First Microsoft Surface ad - YouTube
    blackprince and cedarlog like this.
    10-15-2012 07:52 PM
    Interesting, glad to know the surface is light enough to throw while I am dancing. What else can I do with it besides making a clicky noise and throwing it?
    10-15-2012 08:03 PM
    It's stupid, but clearly targeted at the non techy crowd.
    10-15-2012 08:06 PM
    I think it's rather funny. It makes the Surface seem fun and energetic to me.
    10-15-2012 08:09 PM
    Not sure why you guys are hating on this video. Personally, I think it's awesome and would play great on TV. It's nice to see videos that are actually cool and fun and aren't made my Apple
    blackprince and cedarlog like this.
    10-15-2012 08:27 PM
    I feel this new one just doesn't work to be honest. It mainly is showing that it has a keyboard/cover that goes click a lot. I could see that if it were a smaller ad in a series showing specific parts but as the only one it doesn't make sense, to me at least. I think the video? lol Just my thoughts.
    10-15-2012 08:28 PM
    And here's the official MS upload...

Laura Knotek and cedarlog like this.
    10-15-2012 08:32 PM
    I just shared the link with a friend on Facebook who was a day one Nexus Tablet buyer. He knew nothing about Surface. First words out of his mouth, "What's the MSRP on one of them bad boys?"
    10-15-2012 08:32 PM
    I just shared the link with a friend on Facebook who was a day one Nexus Tablet buyer. He knew nothing about Surface. First words out of his mouth, "What's the MSRP on one of them bad boys?"
    Must have been awkward to respond "Microsoft hasn't told us yet."

Hard to believe we're 13 days from its launch, the PR blitz has started, and we don't know whether it will cost $199, $599, or something in between.
    10-15-2012 09:01 PM
    I am not saying it's a bad commercial, It's pretty cool, but it's also uninformative.

This windows 8 commercial is more along the lines of what I was looking for.

10-15-2012 09:27 PM
    I am not saying it's a bad commercial, It's pretty cool, but it's also uninformative.

I love the product but this reminds me of the WP7 adds with devices in urinals never ever showing the os or what the heck it does.
    10-15-2012 09:44 PM

It's a teaser. It wasn't meant to be informative. It's meant to create buzz.
    blackprince likes this.
    10-15-2012 09:45 PM
    I think it's rather funny. It makes the Surface seem fun and energetic to me.
    I agree. I like it because it shows all kinds of different people, from schoolkids to professionals to families, using the Surface.
    blackprince likes this.
    10-15-2012 09:52 PM
    I think the ad is fantastic. They targeted everyone. You see school children, families, students, college students, young professionals and business people all in the same ad. They are positioning this as the perfect device for everyone.

Nobody creates educational tv ads. They picked what they believe may be the differentiating features, the keyboard cover and kick stand, and made them fun and exciting.

Edit: @lak611 beat me to the submit button.
    10-15-2012 09:55 PM

I want that desktop - 0:10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-2012 12:19 AM
    I think the ad is fantastic. They targeted everyone. You see school children, families, students, college students, young professionals and business people all in the same ad. They are positioning this as the perfect device for everyone.

Nobody creates educational tv ads. They picked what they believe may be the differentiating features, the keyboard cover and kick stand, and made them fun and exciting.

Edit: @lak611 beat me to the submit button.
    Quite agree. Being in advertising, it is your nightmare coming true when the client responds to your question of "Who is your target audience..?" with "Everyone..."
    And to capture it nicely, is an uphill task. I am not saying this is the best ad ever made for a tablet, but at least it doesnt talk down to the customers as if they are 3 years olds...(like in iDevice ads...)
    *mocking tone* "This is the iPhone 5..." Duh, I know, I just sold my home for it... :lol:

^ Is also cool ^
    10-16-2012 12:24 AM
    i l o v e i t
    can't wait
    10-16-2012 01:29 AM
    looks like we are on the eve of surface pre orders guys~!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8472/8...eec89a02_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8323/8...1b9f2e78_b.jpg

or just go to AllthingD and one of the ads is a pre order surface ad.

obviously it doesn't work but, rumor has it the pricing will be released tomorrow. Or today for those not in the Hawaii timezone.
    10-16-2012 03:59 AM
    Dear "I'm a Mac" Guy,

Suck it.

Signed,
    Not your father's Microsoft
    10-20-2012 10:44 PM