New MS Surface TV Ad

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, glad to know the surface is light enough to throw while I am dancing. What else can I do with it besides making a clicky noise and throwing it?

CyclingNut

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why you guys are hating on this video. Personally, I think it's awesome and would play great on TV. It's nice to see videos that are actually cool and fun and aren't made my Apple

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I feel this new one just doesn't work to be honest. It mainly is showing that it has a keyboard/cover that goes click a lot. I could see that if it were a smaller ad in a series showing specific parts but as the only one it doesn't make sense, to me at least. I think the original video from the surface announce would make a far better tv ad. ps anyone else notice they used the same song as in their time lapse video? lol Just my thoughts.

CyclingNut

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I just shared the link with a friend on Facebook who was a day one Nexus Tablet buyer. He knew nothing about Surface. First words out of his mouth, "What's the MSRP on one of them bad boys?"

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I just shared the link with a friend on Facebook who was a day one Nexus Tablet buyer. He knew nothing about Surface. First words out of his mouth, "What's the MSRP on one of them bad boys?"

Must have been awkward to respond "Microsoft hasn't told us yet."

Hard to believe we're 13 days from its launch, the PR blitz has started, and we don't know whether it will cost $199, $599, or something in between.

chilero

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I think the ad is fantastic. They targeted everyone. You see school children, families, students, college students, young professionals and business people all in the same ad. They are positioning this as the perfect device for everyone.

Nobody creates educational tv ads. They picked what they believe may be the differentiating features, the keyboard cover and kick stand, and made them fun and exciting.

Edit: @lak611 beat me to the submit button.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I think the ad is fantastic. They targeted everyone. You see school children, families, students, college students, young professionals and business people all in the same ad. They are positioning this as the perfect device for everyone.

Nobody creates educational tv ads. They picked what they believe may be the differentiating features, the keyboard cover and kick stand, and made them fun and exciting.

Edit: @lak611 beat me to the submit button.

Quite agree. Being in advertising, it is your nightmare coming true when the client responds to your question of "Who is your target audience..?" with "Everyone..."
And to capture it nicely, is an uphill task. I am not saying this is the best ad ever made for a tablet, but at least it doesnt talk down to the customers as if they are 3 years olds...(like in iDevice ads...)
*mocking tone* "This is the iPhone 5..." Duh, I know, I just sold my home for it... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1EPDlwlums&feature=channel&list=UL

^ Is also cool ^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05