HP Envy X2

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
envx2.png

eYFOz.jpg

vwakx.png

Specs
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Fdetachables%2Fproducts.html&token=Fwib7Yet

Anyone else grabbing one of these. Looks to be the overall best windows 8 tablet to me. It also comes with the keyboard dock unlike samsung and asus which will make you buy it seperate.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Just started to be available for pre-order here. I think it certainly got the best materials used and best looking hybrid with Surface and Transformer Book.

Though imo the 899 euros price they are asking here is just way too much for Atom tablet. At that point i rather get cheaper RT tablet or more likely the real deal with Intel i3/i5, 4GB of RAM and full HD screen.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Who cares if Samsung "makes you buy the dock separately" if the combined price of slate+dock is lower than HP's combined price of slate+dock? Bundling the dock instead of making it optional doesn't make a difference either way, in my opinion.

I like the build quality. Looks muuuuuuuch nicer than the Samsung Ativ Smart PC from an aesthetic perspective. But there's things I didn't like about it:

(1) Delayed availability (December instead of October like most competitors).
(2) No ports on the slate (all USB ports etc are on the dock).
(3) Headphone jack on the bottom of the slate means it won't sit comfortably on an exercise machine's tray, etc when headphones are plugged in. Mind-boggling placement for a multimedia tablet.
(4) No storage silo for the stylus, unlike the Thinkpad Tablet 2 and the Samsung Ativ Smart PC.

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Who cares if Samsung "makes you buy the dock separately" if the combined price of slate+dock is lower than HP's combined price of slate+dock? Bundling the dock instead of making it optional doesn't make a difference either way, in my opinion.

I like the build quality. Looks muuuuuuuch nicer than the Samsung Ativ Smart PC from an aesthetic perspective. But there's things I didn't like about it:

(1) Delayed availability (December instead of October like most competitors).
(3) Headphone jack on the bottom of the slate means it won't sit comfortably on an exercise machine's tray, etc when headphones are plugged in. Mind-boggling placement for a multimedia tablet.
(4) No storage silo for the stylus, unlike the Thinkpad Tablet 2 and the Samsung Ativ Smart PC.

(1) It was always going to be december launch as far as I knew)

(2) hmm that does suck. The microSD will probably be enough for me however.

(3) That is a problem but you could get wireless headphones.

(4) Something I did notice on the samsung ativ.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I honestly cannot view an Atom powered device as the "best tablet." Add an I5 and it might be more interesting. I only buy HP laptops but from my perspective this looks like a high end netbook/tablet hybrid at an ultrabook price. In addition whomever decided to leave all of the ports off the tablet portion really should be fired. What is the point of a detachable tablet if you are limited to the tablet's internal storage? If I am walking out the door just with the tablet, that is when I would most like to have the media files, etc. that I do not want filling up the drive.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

2- very dumb indeed since most who use it on a couch or something may like headphones not sticking into their leg.
3- could just turn it around 180, but yes dumb placement especially if there is no 3.5mm on the dock.
4- will be lost by most in a few weeks I bet

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I honestly cannot view an Atom powered device as the "best tablet." Add an I5 and it might be more interesting. I only buy HP laptops but from my perspective this looks like a high end netbook/tablet hybrid at an ultrabook price. In addition whomever decided to leave all of the ports off the tablet portion really should be fired. What is the point of a detachable tablet if you are limited to the tablet's internal storage? If I am walking out the door just with the tablet, that is when I would most like to have the media files, etc. that I do not want filling up the drive.

There is a MicroSD slot on the tablet portion of the device so you can double your memory if you choose.

We still don't know how the battery life of the I5 tablets will fare to that of the atom tablets. I was looking at more than. Raw processing power when I said it was the best or at least for me.

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Really intreasted to see how well it runs lightroom.

Also we have the Date and pricing. Its going to be released on November 16th for $849.99.

Andrewbachle

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to let you know about a deal I received as an IU student that is open to the general public as well for those of you wanting to purchase an HP laptop/tablet.

Coupon Code: CAMPUS178
$100 off HP PC’s (orig. $699.99+)
Must first register for free at: hpdirect.com/academy/Microsoft

Offer combinable with instant rebates and HP Academy pricing. Expires on 3/23/13.
Coupon code: " CAMPUS178 "

axllebeer

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but as I'm new here, just wanted to say that there are some great deals going on for this little gem now. My local Walmart is selling them for $500. I have 1 on Layaway so if anyone is looking for a touch Windows 8 experience with a keyboard dock then look around for these. I asked about the price drop and was told that they were informed by HP to reduce the price. So a new model is likely in the works. But for what the current model has to offer, I think it's a steal of a deal!

Also it's a pleasure to join the WP forums. Cheers! :cool:

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
The new one is the HP Split X2. Nice looking device, but I'm also sort of drawn to the Toshiba Satellite Click. The HP is about $700, while the Toshiba is $600 at my local Best Buy. Both 13" convertibles. The Toshiba has a 500gb SSD in the tablet though. Hmmm.. What's your thoughts?

Oh, and welcome Ax-man

axllebeer

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well sadly I had to give up the Layaway so I didn't end up getting it. But now I have the Dell venue 8 pro coming in the mail and am very excited to receive it. :cool:

Also, thanks for the welcome.

The new one is the HP Split X2. Nice looking device, but I'm also sort of drawn to the Toshiba Satellite Click. The HP is about $700, while the Toshiba is $600 at my local Best Buy. Both 13" convertibles. The Toshiba has a 500gb SSD in the tablet though. Hmmm.. What's your thoughts?

Oh, and welcome Ax-man

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs