What Windows 8 Tablet did you get? or gonna get?

Jaymil

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh BTW the stylus on the Ativ is pressure sensitive, it rocks in photoshop elements and in autodesk sketchbook, as well as being awesome in oneNote, word, etc.

Where did you find an Ativ for sale? I've checked every Staples within 100 miles none anywhere.

I had a surface RT for about 5 days.. returned it. I loved the hardware but ultimately, RT is not for me.

Tried like **** to find an Ativ even though I'm not super happy with some of the specs on it.

Checked out the Sony slider but it felt way too thick and bulky to only have an 11.6 inch screen. Also at $1200 it was pricey and with an estimated 4.5 ish hour battery life that was an instant turn off.

Then I played with the Lenovo Yoga 13 at best buy... kinda really really liked it alot. I ended up buying it. I'm still getting used to the idea of a 13 inch tablet but this thing is VERY nice as an ultrabook and above average as a tablet. Spec wise it's very capable. At $999 it's cheaper than the Sony by a good bit. Also the battery life is exceptional on this thing. It's rated for 8 hours. I haven't had it long enough to fully test it but it seems pretty good so far.

Also.. Staples has a deal going on right now where if you trade in an old tablet and buy a windows 8 tablet they'll give you $275 prepaid visa. I'm keeping an eye out to see if they get the yoga.. if they do I'll turn in my sons kindle fire and give him my galaxy tab 7.7

spinedoc

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I think someone mentioned that the VaporMg casing interfered.

Wait for Haswell, if you get one with an Ivy Bridge CPU at best you're probably only going to get battery life similar to what you get in current ultrabooks.

Yeah. I'm prob going to keep this one and give it to my wife when I find something better. I'm holding high hopes for the Surface Pro.

spinedoc

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Where did you find an Ativ for sale? I've checked every Staples within 100 miles none anywhere.

I had a surface RT for about 5 days.. returned it. I loved the hardware but ultimately, RT is not for me.

Tried like **** to find an Ativ even though I'm not super happy with some of the specs on it.

Checked out the Sony slider but it felt way too thick and bulky to only have an 11.6 inch screen. Also at $1200 it was pricey and with an estimated 4.5 ish hour battery life that was an instant turn off.

Then I played with the Lenovo Yoga 13 at best buy... kinda really really liked it alot. I ended up buying it. I'm still getting used to the idea of a 13 inch tablet but this thing is VERY nice as an ultrabook and above average as a tablet. Spec wise it's very capable. At $999 it's cheaper than the Sony by a good bit. Also the battery life is exceptional on this thing. It's rated for 8 hours. I haven't had it long enough to fully test it but it seems pretty good so far.

Also.. Staples has a deal going on right now where if you trade in an old tablet and buy a windows 8 tablet they'll give you $275 prepaid visa. I'm keeping an eye out to see if they get the yoga.. if they do I'll turn in my sons kindle fire and give him my galaxy tab 7.7

I think I got very lucky. I called a local staples and they were sold out the same morning. The 2nd staples the lady got off the phone for like 10 minutes. Apparently they were very high up behind the security cage, she was confident she would be the only one who could find it. An hour later I sped out of there with my Ativ for $599, they have a price break until the 3rd. I can't find the dock anywhere in stock though.

That 275 sounds nice, I wonder if it's worth trading in my wifes 16gb ipad2.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Really? Where'd you hear about this offer? Is there a link with all the terms and conditions?

Jaymil

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
It was on one of those coupon pad things they ha e sitting out by the tablets. I think the offer is running until sometime in December.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
You will find it if you do a search. The offer is "up to" $275. A kindle fire only gets you $100, I believe.

I did do a search--I saw only up to $250 so I wasn't sure if that was the one. From the post earlier I was under the impression that any tablet would get you the $275, but they actually have certain levels. Kindle Fire or Nook will get you $100, HP TouchPad, BlackBerry Playbook and older iPads will get you $150, iPad 2 & 3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" and Sony Tablet S will get you $250. I do not see a $275 level. I don't own any of these tablets anymore so I don't qualify. Even so, I feel like I'd get more money if I had just sold it on eBay myself. A few months ago I sold a TouchPad for $225, and yesterday I sold my 1st Generation iPad for $240.

Jaymil

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Can you only trade in specific ones like it says online?

I actually didn't realize there were different levels. Gonna have to look now as I was gonna trade in the kindle fire but I have a galaxy tab 7.7 I've been trying to sell and I can't seem to get more than $250-275 for it anyway. They probably don't have it on their list though.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I actually didn't realize there were different levels. Gonna have to look now as I was gonna trade in the kindle fire but I have a galaxy tab 7.7 I've been trying to sell and I can't seem to get more than $250-275 for it anyway. They probably don't have it on their list though.

Yeah there's a few more than what I listed, but I see a Galaxy Tab 7.7 on the list. I see 7" and 8.9".

https://tradeupandrecycle.com/tablet/terms-conditions

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I did do a search--I saw only up to $250 so I wasn't sure if that was the one. From the post earlier I was under the impression that any tablet would get you the $275, but they actually have certain levels. Kindle Fire or Nook will get you $100, HP TouchPad, BlackBerry Playbook and older iPads will get you $150, iPad 2 & 3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" and Sony Tablet S will get you $250. I do not see a $275 level. I don't own any of these tablets anymore so I don't qualify. Even so, I feel like I'd get more money if I had just sold it on eBay myself. A few months ago I sold a TouchPad for $225, and yesterday I sold my 1st Generation iPad for $240.
$275 was a typo on my part I guess.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Waiting on a Surface Pro as well at least the pricing. I want an x86 based because I am dumping my MacBook and what I get will replace that as my laptop and probably my iPad too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I am waiting for UPS to deliver a Asus VivoTab RT. I am going to compare it to the Toshiba Touch screen notbook I bought last weekend. I have a desktop that I would like to sell, but can't seem to find a buyer. So I will be looking for the device that best fits my needs and complements my desktop. :)

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
At the moment, I am waiting to get my hands on a new phone and am also in the market for a new laptop (desktop replacement sized 16 - 17"). After that, I will consider a tablet, but it will probably be a year down the road. I am curious to see how the surface fares several months from now and also what a potential nokia tablet would be like. If the new OS catches on, there will be an explosion of tablets within a year's time and people will likely be spoiled for choice, or at least that is what I am counting on.

Peace,

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else waiting for HP Envy X2 here?

Look and build wise liking it most. Negatives are that it seems to cost the most from the atom hybrid tablets in here. I also believe it doesn't come with pen on the box like ATIV smart PC.

ieuser

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
You can get more than $250 for an iPad on Criagslist, especially around the holidays. This time of the year, it seems like people are willing to pay a little more for used gadgets to save money over retail prices.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else waiting for HP Envy X2 here?

Look and build wise liking it most. Negatives are that it seems to cost the most from the atom hybrid tablets in here. I also believe it doesn't come with pen on the box like ATIV smart PC.

Maybe if it was cheaper. I don't feel like spending $850 + the cost of a stylus for a device I most likely will be replacing in a year or sooner. I do like the aluminium finish and the fact that it has NFC, but I'm not sure if it uses a wacom active digitizer or some other brand and it has no ports or jacks on the tablet. I have to attach it to the dock if I want to use headphones, plug in a USB device, use expandable storage, or do video out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb