10-29-2012 09:10 PM
32 12
tools
    Anyone know of a case/cover that would be close to fitting, I don't mind a temporary poorly fitting solution, but I get nervous carrying it around naked.
    10-29-2012 07:13 AM
    Have you tried a full reset? How much bloatware is installed?
    I only see 2 or 3 Samsung programs installed, and I haven't even run into them yet. What's nice with windows is that it's still windows, not windows with a samsung UI, so it's simply a matter of uninstalling the programs. We won't have issues where we have to wait for samsung to update the OS thankfully.
    10-29-2012 09:32 AM
    Atom >>> tegra 3. Not sure why one would buy a t3 tablet.

No fans.
    Connectivity when in sleep mode.
    Battery life.
    ...and a little thing called FREE MS Office

I may pick up an x86 in the future. But it likely wont be an Atom. I figure if I'm going to go x86, I want something with some power.

Otherwise, ARM is fine. Especially since Office is included.
    10-29-2012 09:57 AM
    Dang, it includes an s-pen and nfc? I'm seriously considering returning my vivo. I just think 11.6" may be a touch too large for my liking
    Yes. I tired it out. and it does Include S pen and NFC. and the Samsung Ativ SmartPC is also 11.6 man you know
    10-29-2012 10:26 AM
    No fans.
    Connectivity when in sleep mode.
    Battery life.
    ...and a little thing called FREE MS Office

I may pick up an x86 in the future. But it likely wont be an Atom. I figure if I'm going to go x86, I want something with some power.

Otherwise, ARM is fine. Especially since Office is included.
    Umm... Atom can do that too. No fans, stays connected in sleep mode, offers comparable battery life. Office is not included though.

And if you decide to go x86 in the future, wait for the next generation Atom (probably called ValleyView) or Core i3/5/7 (Haswell) processors.
    tissotti likes this.
    10-29-2012 03:07 PM
    Umm... Atom can do that too. No fans, stays connected in sleep mode, offers comparable battery life. Office is not included though.

And if you decide to go x86 in the future, wait for the next generation Atom (probably called ValleyView) or Core i3/5/7 (Haswell) processors.
    I don't believe that the Atom stays connected in sleep. Are you sure?

And when I do get an x86, it will likely be an i5 or i7, or whatever the equivalent is at the time.

If MS Office was offered with Atom, I probably would have gone that route.
    10-29-2012 05:59 PM
    I don't believe that the Atom stays connected in sleep. Are you sure?

And when I do get an x86, it will likely be an i5 or i7, or whatever the equivalent is at the time.

If MS Office was offered with Atom, I probably would have gone that route.
    Definitely sure.

AnandTech - Intel Details Atom Z2760: Clovertrail for Windows 8 Tablets

Intel Atom Z2760 Clover Trail Details - An SoC Built for Tablets | PC Perspective

Well if you're going to get a Core i5 or i7, like I said before, wait for Haswell. It'll be more power efficient, will use less power (so I think that'll mean less heat too), have better graphics, and it'll finally get the connected standby that Clover Trail (current Atom) already has.
    10-29-2012 09:10 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD