Sooooo Annoyed!!

anon(5344488)

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, maybe all the hype and waiting are getting to me, but this just pushed all the right buttons to make me angry.

Its bad enough when you here about sales associates leading people away from microsoft products, whether the phone or the tablets, or bad mouthing microsoft product in general. Everyone is going to have their own opinion, and I get that.
Major TV news networks here in Canada are no better, spreading doom and gloom about Microsoft.
They bring on their "experts," who are supposed to know something about the subject., (this young, tech savy guy, from a hip sounding company) who proceed to totally s**t the bed. Seriously, they could have grabed a mentally unstable hobo from an alley down the street who could have represented Windows 8 more articulately, and probably been more likeable, cuz you know, atleast the hobo hasn't been using Windows 8 for FREAKIN MONTHS!!, so you wouldn't expect him to be able to explain whats new and great about the OS, and you'd probably want to set him up with a free lunch and some cash for his trouble.

Anyways, I had to have a little rant. I'm sure i'm not the only one thats seen a report or three that paint Microsoft as the mega evil, out of touch, heartless corperation, always playing catchup, and with one last chance to woo the public from the ALMIGHTY APPLE!

If you care to check out the video just click the link, and its at the top of the article.

Microsoft looks to shake up tablet market with its Surface | CTV News

Anyone seen other Major News Networks reports / articles / videos painting Windows 8 and MS in a less than steller light? Fox? CBS? etc?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It's a staged interview where he is reading the screen right in front of him. These opinions are not his nor do they reflect his experience. Either the news channel has fed him the dialogues he needs to say or the sponsors have. He is clearly reading from a blue screen in front of him under the camera.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Who cares!!!

As long as you know you enjoy MS products and you at least can show people that they are quality, who the f*** cares what some experts has to say. I think some need to take a step back and realize this isn't all that serious

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
My friend bought an Acer W8 laptop with touchscreen and now cant stop going on about it. This is after months of me trying to get him to try the OS himself and getting brushed off. And according to him Best Buy is doing brisk business with Windows 8 devices. First reports on the Atom devices seem to be positive so when those devices hit with their long life, keyboard docks, styluses and full x86 compatibility I see sales being brisk for a long time to come, IMO.

The mainstream media is dominated by apple lovers so they are obviously going to try and trash Windows 8 but once people get into stores and try out the devices for themselves all the FUD would have been for naught. Once you actually try a device built for Windows 8 it makes so much sense. This holiday should be big for MS & co.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion