Acer Iconia W700 Windows 8 Tablet Unboxing

ieuser

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I just uploaded an unboxing video for the Acer Iconia W700. I just got it today!

Let me know if you have question or if you want me to try something out on the device.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the video, interested in your battery life tests and can you check what WiFi speed you are connecting at as well. Thanks.

ieuser

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
How shall I test the WiFi speed?

Speaking of the WiFi, I have been getting randomly discounted from my router. When that happens, I get prompted to reset my connection. A user on the Acer forums suggested turning off N and to use G. I will first see if I can address the problem.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Actually just wanted to see what Windows is reporting for the connection speed, you can check from network adapter properties in control panel. I've read the Samsung ativ and the Asus vivo RT I'm testing reports the connection speed as 65Mbps but my upgraded Windows 8 installs report higher speeds.

dseiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Great video. I have been checking this unit out online and it was nice to see that it has started to ship. The big thing that has me not pushing the add to cart button is the lack of microSD card slot. I would go with the 64gb version but not sure that would be enough in the long run.

I am also curious to hear about the real world battery life.

looking forward to the next video.

ieuser

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
theefman, I'll take a look at the connection speed.

gshocker, thanks for the compliment. The lack of microSD is a bummer. I'm currently documenting all of the pros and cons of the device. I expect to shoot a full video review tomorrow.

dseiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I am still considering the Acer even missing the card slot as I figure a nice USB 3.0 Flash drive would be perfect for movies and music when needed.

Have you found the speaker placement to be strange. I tend to relax in bed with the tablet on my chest watching video and having the speakers at the bottom might be strange.

KBlakeP

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey, nice video, I recently got my W700 in the mail as well and am experiencing the same WiFi issue. What sort of router are you using. On some networks, like the one at my university I don't have a problem but I have the problem at home with a netgear wnr2000 and experienced it this week at a hotel's network.

So far, phone support has been hopeless offering nothing but basic troubleshooting. I have tried updating the atheros driver but still the same effect.

Have you had any further luck with your wireless? I'm hoping I can fix it, but if I continue to have the problem I'll probably end up returning the unit as no wifi is a dealbreaker to me since many of the tablet apps are so reliant on a connection! Let me know if you figure anything out and I'll be sure to do the same.

Best,

ieuser

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
One thing I did yesterday was to run windows update. I also updated the Acer apps. I haven't experienced anymore disconnects but I didn't use the tablet much today (football :) ).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte