Atom Clover Trail vs Ivy Bridge

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm caught in the price vs performance vs battery life conundrum. After initially ruling out Atom, I'm starting to reconsider. Can others share their experiences with these processors and any differences encountered?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a tablet, but I am familiar with the Atom CPU. The old single core Atom CPU would struggle. The newer dual core Atom CPU are pretty powerful. I have a dual core Atom CPU in my HTPC and it does everything I need it to do, like downloading and playing a movie at the same time.

Hope that helps, maybe someone else will have a better comparison for you.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Biggest downfall atm with Atom devices is Intel's crappy GPU drivers, at least to me. I tested a few games in the Windows store which therotically should be no problem for the more powerful GPU but had to reduce the graphics quality a notch to get smooth gameplay. Everything else seems to run fine, battery life is comparable, of course you can install any x86 program you may need, only real difference is price if you want the top devices, though Acer's devices do compare price wise.

If I was choosing, I would go Atom everytime as RT really doesnt seem to have much of a benefit to me.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. It's not an i5, but I haven't heard any deal-breakers regarding the Z2760 Atom in Win8 tablets that would pertain to my needs and usage. I'm leaning towards the Acer Iconia W510.

edit: I just ordered it, 64 gb w/keyboard dock. Should get it Friday. Can't wait! :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss