I'm ready to buy a tablet but I can't find one

Chesticles

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have no interest in a RT tablet and I'm trying to decide on a pro version. I've been researching and each tablet has its pluses and minuses but they all seem pretty good. On Microsoft's website they list several of them available at Staples and i thought it would be perfect to see them in person so i can touch and see each one to make a better decision. so I drive to Staples and they have one tablet on display (Samsung ATIV) but none for sale, how disappointing. I decide to make the drive to our Microsoft popup store and the only thing they had for sale is the Surface and a Sony Vio laptop. I don't get it how are they supposed to sell product when there isn't anything for the general public to see and play with. I really don't want to order a tablet online before experiencing it in person, maybe in january these company's will get there act together.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Exactly the problem - and all the analysts and bloggers are talking about how Windows 8 tablets aren't selling? Of course they aren't, there aren't any widely available. I think most of us want to actually touch one before shelling out money for it.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I called the 3 MS stores in my area, along w/several Best Buy, Office Depot/Max, Staples, Fry's, etc. I found ONE Win8 Pro (not RT) tablet in-store, and it was an out-of-box item.

Amazon has both Acer Iconia models as of now, and I bought the W510.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

dseiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
This is certainly a problem for the holiday season sales. There was some excitement over the promise of the Windows 8 tablets but the fact that none of the manufacturers are able to get them in people's hands is a big issue.

The local MS store here has the Ativ smart PC and Pro both on display finally but neither of them in stock. I did notice that Amazon has the non pro in stock but it seems that no physical stores seem to.

Chesticles

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Today I went to Best Buy and Tiger Direct they had the small Acer tablet but nothing else. The Tiger Direct sales guy said they are showing in stock in the wharehouse and they should have several different models on the store shelves next week.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I ordered from HP and they said that build date is 12/17/2012. Whatever that means, I guess that I will get it before Christmas, I hope.

KingOla2nd

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
i would advise you to wait until the jan or feb...there will be better tablets then, or you can wait until intel releases its "Haswell" chip which is built specifically for tablets

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro