Samsung. Ahead of the game again, as usual

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
AnandTech - Samsung ATIV Tab Review: Qualcomm's First Windows RT Tablet

Samsung does the smart thing and bases their WIndows RT tablet cycle on the Qualcomm S4 instead of the weak Tegra 3 in the Surface RT and Asus Vivo RT. I can't wait until they release their high end PRO hybrid, hopefully at the CES show this week. Credit where it is due please! There is too much Samsung hate on this forum.

The Sony VAIO Duo 11 is pretty sick too. Exciting times ahead at CES.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Ahead of the game as usual?

Sorry... it may hold true for their tablets but as far as Windows Phones goes... they are slow as molasses on a cold day. First to announce and last to hit the shelves.
I could understand the delays if they were bringing something innovative but the ATIV S is nothing more than a S3 running Windows Phone.

And even when the ATIV S is in full circulation I fear they will let things fall to the waist side like HTC has and not promote Windows Phone worth a toot.

Ugh... off my soap box now.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
funny that you say that, I'm 100% convinced that the ATIV S s the exact identical phone as the gs3 and they took the same phone and just put a different shell on the outside of it (why else would all the buttons be in the same place and conspicuously have an actual button for the start button unlike every other windows phone manufacture that uses a capacitive button, and have IDENTICAL specs to the gs3. Very unoriginal, but that's Samsung...its not that they make bad products, they just copy other peoples ideas and put more features in them and charge less.

I'm not trying to start a flame war because I own a focus S, but look at the gsII, some of apples suits (despite them being the worlds biggest patent troll) had some merits, they did kinda skin android to make it look like ios and there is a reason that the galaxy s3 looks way different than the gs2 (too avoid more lawsuits!!!). Also, I've been constantly unimpressed with Samsung computers thus far, I mean they have nice screens and their high end units have great build quality but, dell, hp, even acer make better computers than Samsung does that cost less. Their mid-range models suck for the money, like the series 5 pcs, and I don't like their tablets either. The galaxy 10.1" is cheap feeling and sluggish, the note is faster, but overpriced, and the pen input is really nothing but a gimmick to me(on this tablet, I'm not talking about wacoms in general which I love). The ativs look nice but I played with it and though the tablet was a little big and bulky. The HP envy x2 and acer iconia w510 weigh less and look like better machines.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
This is why I am waiting for the surface RT2. Amazing how close in performance in many tests the qualcom DC is to an Atom. Really wish they had gone for the quad. Though the one test that would have really benefited from multi core was not even given well written drivers.

I assume this does not have the good stylus options like the pro and other pro tablets have.