Panasonic Reveals Windows 8 Based 20-inch 4K Tablet With Stylus Support

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I bet that's going to be expensive, although a 4k 20" screen must be really sharp, would an intel HD4000 be able to handle that resolution? Also, wouldn't a 20" tablet defeat the purpose of a tablet, I mean, unless all you do is sit it on a desk and maybe carry it between a room or 2, its not going to be very portable or get a decent battery life???

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I bet that's going to be expensive, although a 4k 20" screen must be really sharp, would an intel HD4000 be able to handle that resolution? Also, wouldn't a 20" tablet defeat the purpose of a tablet, I mean, unless all you do is sit it on a desk and maybe carry it between a room or 2, its not going to be very portable or get a decent battery life???

You have to think beyond the "read a book" or "play angry birds" aspect of what a tablet is. It's all good for that, but for an artist, architect, engineer, or the like, it is ideal.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree, but I don't think for most artists/architects/engineers, that any processor in a tablet will really be good enough for heavy AutoCAD, PhotoShop, or industry grade software. There's a reason why businesses like that have workstations. I guess they could do remote desktop, but then you would probably have lag, and while using a stylus would make it not worthwhile. I also wasn't trying to imply that tablets are just for angry birds or book reading anymore, that's what I love about win8 is that my tablet is a PC which let's me do real amounts of work on it. You can do work on an iPad or an android tablet, but the applications are no where near as good for productivity as they are on x86.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077