09-20-2017 07:54 AM
137 12345 ...
tools
    Evernote, the version for the Surface RT is great!
    06-22-2013 05:25 AM
    Evernote, the version for the Surface RT is great!
    We still prefer OneNote, but you're right, the Evernote app is very well done.
    06-23-2013 07:12 PM
    Well, here's some more we like:

Vevo - free - just released and I got to tell you, it's a gorgeous looking app with great functionality, definitely worth the download!

Dragon's Blade - free and an 'ad free' version for $1.99 - if you liked Final Fantasy you'll love this game. Constantly being updated by a very active developer, this is a very professionally done app. Spend the $2 and support this dev, RT needs more of guys like this to survive.

Alphabets Writing - free - We have an 'almost' 3yr old daughter and this app is perfect for helping us in teaching her how to print her letters. Just put a stylus in her hand and watch her work!

S.A.S. Survival Guide - $3.49 - just recently released here in Canada it's worth the money just to read this awesome book of elite training techniques even if you are never ever going to apply them in real life like most couch potatoes.

Have fun and post some more, I know there's more RT users out there than us!
    HeyCori likes this.
    06-23-2013 07:27 PM
    Olive Tree Bible Reader (Bible study app) works really well on the RT too.
    Brad and Ellen; yep, I love and use OneNote too, but Evernote cross platform ability makes it more useful to me.
    Brad and Ellen and rmeigs like this.
    06-23-2013 07:39 PM
    Olive Tree Bible Reader (Bible study app) works really well on the RT too.
    Brad and Ellen; yep, I love and use OneNote too, but Evernote cross platform ability makes it more useful to me.
    Haven't tried Olive Tree yet, we'll give it a go. Verse Of The Day by Logos is a great, simple app that also adds a nice addition to your lock screen. Glad you like Evernote, it's a great app.
    Do you know of any cross-platform To Do apps? Looking for a specific app designed for To Dos (rather than using OneNote) that syncs with Win8, WinRT, and WP8.
    06-30-2013 05:27 PM
    Hey all,
    For those of you that do not live in the U.S.A., you can download and install any free app that is exclusive to the Windows U.S. Store. Simply swipe the charms from the start screen, type 'region,' tap 'settings,' tap 'region,' and change your region to the U.S. As a matter of fact, if you want an app that is exclusive to any particular country, just change the region to that country. Remember, it's free apps only.
    Now I know that most if not all of you know this already but the reason that I'm reminding everyone is that the new Discovery Channel, TLC, and Animal Planet releases are fully functional in all regions! So, change your region to the U.S. and enjoy these apps released by Discovery Communications.

Have fun and keep posting!

Sent from our Surface RT
    DBDev and Gergolos like this.
    06-30-2013 05:35 PM
    Haven't tried Olive Tree yet, we'll give it a go. Verse Of The Day by Logos is a great, simple app that also adds a nice addition to your lock screen. Glad you like Evernote, it's a great app.
    Do you know of any cross-platform To Do apps? Looking for a specific app designed for To Dos (rather than using OneNote) that syncs with Win8, WinRT, and WP8.
    Evernote has a "To Do" format you can use. I don't know if it's available on Win8 as I'm still running Win7 on my desktop, but I have it there. I know WP8 has an Evernote app, but I don't know if it's as "robust" as the Surface RT version.
    Olive Tree is a great Bible study app, with the ability to easily find the meaning of Greek and Hebrew words, multiple bible versions available, great commentaries and notes. If you study the Bible (and if you're Christian, I hope you do), it's a great resource.
    I Unquello likes this.
    06-30-2013 10:41 PM
    Torrex -- torrent downloading client

Social NV - superb 3rd party Facebook app

RBC Canada app -- if you're in Canada and an RBC client

Podcasts - free, from the creators of the reliable Windows Phone version

Nokia Music

Teamviewer Touch
    HeyCori and Brad and Ellen like this.
    07-02-2013 10:57 AM
    Evernote has a "To Do" format you can use.
    Ya, so does OneNote but I was looking for a different app specifically designed for ToDos with cross platform functionality.
    07-06-2013 11:12 AM
    Social NV - superb 3rd party Facebook app

RBC Canada app -- if you're in Canada and an RBC client
    My wife has been trying SocialNV (she's a FaceBook junkie but you never read that) but she still thinks that MINE for FaceBook is still the better app. As a matter of fact, she prefers MINE to any other FaceBook App on any platform.

I hope the rest of the banks get off their collective behinds and release apps as well, it's not like they're hurting for cash. I see PC Financial released for the double A's, it would be nice if they showed Windows some love.
    07-06-2013 11:18 AM
    More Apps:

Open Table - free - restaurant locator and booking app, it's an OK app, feels and looks like a port and is pretty limited in Canada, but it's another highly popular app on the double A's that's now on RT

Text Now - free - messaging service app with the difference from others is that they don't need to have this app for the messages to be sent, great app!

DocuSign Ink - free - use this app all the time, saves printing, faxing, scanning, awesome app!

Network Speedtest - free - official MS app, does what it's supposed to. Use it if you're curious about your network

Sent from our Surface RT
    HeyCori likes this.
    07-06-2013 11:39 AM
    Official GO Transit app is also available, for you Ontario based Canadian users.
    Brad and Ellen likes this.
    07-16-2013 09:38 AM
    Official GO Transit app is also available, for you Ontario based Canadian users.
    Thanks for the tip, my wife and I didn't know it was there.
    07-19-2013 04:18 PM
    OK, let's talk apps:

HALO Spartan Assault - $6.99 - the obvious choice and for good reason, awesome game and butter smooth on our RT.

Vimeo RT - FREE - light years ahead of the 'official' Vimeo app (aren't most 3rd party apps written by fans?) and constantly updated, this is a great app. U.S. region only so change your preferences. Why it's not released everywhere is not a smart move by the dev.

Duck Duck Go - FREE - is anyone really still using the spyware they call search engines nowadays? Best search engine out there with absolutely no tracking. Protects your privacy and no search bubbles.

The Onion - FREE - News parody at it's best . Love to laugh? You'll love this app.

Sent from our Surface RT
    HeyCori likes this.
    07-19-2013 05:02 PM
    More app goodness:

Newseen - Free - How would you like to keep up with you twitter feed and your favourite blogs at the same time? I've passed by this app a few times and finally got around to trying it out. Cool and original concept that's lightning quick and now makes me wonder why I wasn't using it before.

Lucky YouTube - Free - Look out Hyper and MetroTube, there's a new kid on the block and he's very, very good. I think it's going to come down to aesthetics with the three mentioned apps. My choice is Hyper but you can't lose with any of them. Quite honestly, all three blow away 'official' YouTube apps on the double A's.

Sticker Tales - Freemium - My daughter is getting closer and closer to three years old and she adores this app. Click, re-size and pin farm stickers to create your own farm. Apparently my daughter believes that little baby chickens should be about 60ft tall...go figure? You can pay in-app for more themes like, 'undersea adventure,' and 'unicorns,' etc., but you don't need to. I did by a theme to support the dev as my wife and I think it's a decent learning and creative expression tool for kids, and hey, $2 to keep a 3yr old entertained? Priceless.

The Chess Lv.100 - Free - Idiotic name, amazing chess game. Best looking, best playing, best balanced, best a.i. chess game I have played in a long, long, long time. Supports Human vs. human on the same device, my Surface is now a portable chess board, eh?

Sent from our Surface RT
    07-28-2013 03:55 PM
    More.

1. If you use Torrex (torrent downloading client), then consider Torrent Lookup to search for magnet links that will automatically launch Torrex.

2. Manga Pro+ - if you're into that.

3. Shared Whiteboard - a really nice productivity app, albeit more suitable for Surface Pro users

4. Collabor8r for SkyDrive - another productivity app, good if you work as part of a team and need to share a whole plethora of files from audio, video, pictures, docs, etc.

5. Windows Phone Store - Awesome if you are a WP user - let's you search apps and send them straight to your phone.
    Brad and Ellen likes this.
    07-29-2013 07:21 PM
    I'm thinking of buyimg a Surface rt but need to know if there are apps for ftp and also photo resizing coming. I see there are coding apps for writing html and css already. Have looked on the Apps site but wish they had dates so we could see how many new apps are appearing. I use Photoshop touch and Textastic on the iPad and they are wonderful. Wish they were on the Windows Apps site.
    Thanks
    08-05-2013 12:31 AM
    Looking for recommendations on good apps for my 3 year old son to use. I made note of a couple that other's posted about and I already have Fresh Paint. I need some other options though.

Thanks
    08-08-2013 03:52 PM
    Hey there icthusman1,

Sorry about the late reply, we've been on holidays...it is that time of year.

Anyway, my daughter just turned three and here's what she likes:

Sticker Tales
    Alphabets Writing
    Shuffle Party
    Gravilux
    Star Chart
    Kids' Orchestra
    GuruCool PlaySchool
    Kids Play and Learn
    My Pet Piano
    Junior Academy

That should get you started :)

Sent from our Surface RT
    HeyCori and icthusman1 like this.
    08-25-2013 05:21 AM
    Ok, here we go again......

Crayonslaught - FREE - crayonslaught has the simplest controls possible for a touch device and is completely addictive. Funny how the simplest games are the most fun, eh?

Fling Theory - FREE - missed this one completely. Awesome little puzzler with a very unique concept. A well put together professional app.

Word Brush - FREE - love this app. Draw text freely on the screen with your finger over pics, docs, wallpaper, anything really. Awesome little app, try it out!

Instructables - FREE - Ever wonder how to make a concrete camera? How about the perfect T-bone? We're starting to really like this DIY app that has just about everything you could imagine.

Asphalt 7 Heat - $1.99 - you didn't think I'd forget this one, did you? Runs butter smooth on our Surface RT, I thought it might run choppy or laggy, but Gameloft did a great job optimizing this for Surface. Great job, guys! Looking forward to Asphalt 8!

Sent from our Surface RT
    HeyCori likes this.
    08-25-2013 05:53 AM
    I'm thinking of buyimg a Surface rt but need to know if there are apps for ftp and also photo resizing coming. I see there are coding apps for writing html and css already. Have looked on the Apps site but wish they had dates so we could see how many new apps are appearing. I use Photoshop touch and Textastic on the iPad and they are wonderful. Wish they were on the Windows Apps site.
    Thanks
    Technically speaking you can resize photos with Microsoft Paint, although several photo editing apps will do that as well.
    Brad and Ellen and Leahtt like this.
    08-26-2013 03:42 PM
    Does MS movie maker or something for basic video editing exist?
    08-27-2013 11:02 AM
    There is something called "Movie Moments" from Microsoft, free. Only for 8.1 i guess.
    HeyCori, Brad and Ellen and Leahtt like this.
    08-28-2013 01:01 AM
    Asphalt 7! Finally a 3d racing game from Gameloft on Windows RT...
    HeyCori and Brad and Ellen like this.
    08-28-2013 01:02 AM
    Hi, is there any other official TV channel app like CBS, FOX, TBS, SYFY, CW, etc?
    09-01-2013 04:33 AM
137 12345 ...