Official Must Have Windows Store Apps (x86, RT)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
re: Official Must Have Apps (x86, RT)

NYTimes, AppyGeek, Music Info, USA Today, News Bento, Diacourse, Pradio, ESPN, Fresh Pictures, Netflix, Fotor and Picture Frame slide show.

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Snes8x, Discourse, mobile.HD, PRadio, Great Windows Apps, Deal Flux, TuneUp IncrediLock, Microsoft Mahjong

A few coding apps that I like:
Code Writer and Kahuku.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hulu+ and Netflix are great if you use those services. OneNote and Remote Desktop are indispensable in productivity (Remote Desktop is really good if you have a computer at home to use for hosting desktop applications).

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Notepad Classic if you want to stay out of desktop mode and just want something to write quick notes.

cthulhucometh

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Is Hulu + as bad as it use to be with ads? I canceled because of ads and kept my netflix
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

IM+ (free or Pro)
Coktail Flow
Reddit To Go
Fotor
The Big Picture
LCARS Interface (For Star Trek fans)
Calculator2
Sidebar Dictionary and/or WordBook

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Filebrick - best file explorer ive tried - I paid for it its so good. It syncs all your cloud files, Google drive, skydrive, dropbox, box, even facebook images/videos, picassa, twitter, etc.

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Great suggestions. This should be a sticky. I'd add a few

Armed! - crisp tower defense game (available on WP8 too). Play against computer or remotely against others.
DragonBox+ - super entertaining game for kids and adults that secretly teaches them algebra (seriously the best learning game I've ever seen)
Fitbit - to view your fitbit steps and sleep activity
Skype - great, updated version of the Skype client (the Win8/RT version is the best)
CascadeSkier - Ski resort conditions for those in the Pacific Northwest United States
Pulse - newsreader I use along with Discourse and News Bento
mobile.HD - view MKV files natively, either locally or streaming from a local network. Works with Music too!
Music Info - Best UI around and the absolute best music player I've seen for Win8/RT
gMaps Pro - Mapping and directions - including Google Latitude to view locations of friends sharing via Latitude

Last edited:

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I currently use
Bing Daily News app - Great customization and great presentation
Pulse.me app - Great news aggregator.
The Gunstringer - It's like Temple Run.
IE 10 - I have a bunch of websites pinned with IE. Works great.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Filebrick - best file explorer ive tried - I paid for it its so good. It syncs all your cloud files, Google drive, skydrive, dropbox, box, even facebook images/videos, picassa, twitter, etc.
OMG I downloaded Filebrick and its excellent! Its fast, customizable, and easy to use!

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

OMG I downloaded Filebrick and its excellent! Its fast, customizable, and easy to use!

Right!!, the cloud folder access is 2nd to none on win8 modern ui

Gmusic - If your like me and have an Android phone, and previously uploaded a ton of music to Google Music, then this app is a must. Gives you access to all of your google music that you uploaded (I have like 30+gb of music, and was debating to transfer it to a different service, but whoever this dev is - THANKS.

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

News bento - reminds me of flipboard
wordament - my girl and I play this all the time .. it is so addicting
cocktail flow - when I want to experiment with my toxicating my body..
Wikipedia - self explanatory.
custom tiles - take pictures and make them tiles.. saw a guy on YT with pics of his children rotating... dope
fresh paint - once I saw the little girl in commercial look like Picasso I had to get my Michelangelo on...

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

Cheezburger -for all the meme-ers out there this program is an aggregate of the daily best hits. Supports left and right swipe, pretty good for such a random app.

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

One that should be mentioned is adobes pdf reader. Its just been the most consistent reader for me, especially with my gimassive textbook files. I also actually like my reader that comes with surface itself, though I know quite a few people bark at it.

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Remote Desktop
Pulse
One Note
youtube RT
Riptide GP
Multimedia 8
Pinspiration -pinterest app
ESPN