Official Must Have Windows Store Apps (x86, RT)

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
re: Official Must Have Apps (x86, RT)

Hi, is there any web browser app available in Windows Store for RT? I wish to have web browser app that supports ad-blocking function, I really hate ADs in webpages......
Go to tracking protection settings and add easylist and easy privacy from the website.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site

Amazingly, FL (Fruity Loops) Groove works amazingly well. Loads within 3-4 seconds, runs rock solid. I'm not a musician, but it seems very capable. I'd like the ability to load samples and export to MP3, but I think the former is a RAM limitation more than anything. It's normally $9.99 but it's half off for the month of September.

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Ok folks let's try this one more time but I'm going to try a new format to my posts.

NEW:
Bamboo Page - FREE - well, Wacom is here with an official app! A note taking and sketch app 'optimized for Windows 8. Multiple tools, add detail with zoom, supports share and exports to the cloud. A very unobtrusive interface and fantastic responsiveness when writing or drawing on Surface are it's greatest strengths. Do yourself a favour and download this one now.

OLD:
Nick - FREE - another official app, this time from Nickelodeon. Have some little ones in the house that just can't get enough of Sponge Bob, or maybe you secretly have a thing for the Ninja Turtles? Videos, games, info, it's all there. Another great app for Surface that is a must if you have kids.

OVERLOOKED:
Hockey Nations Powerplay - $3.99 and Free Trial - Simply one of the best hockey games I've ever played. Worth more than double the asking price. 18 teams from around the world to choose from or customize your own. Runs butter smooth on Surface, controls are intuitive and easy to use, graphics are fantastic. Third party devs like this deserve our support. Download it and try it, even if you're not really into hockey, it's just a blast to play!

Sent from our Surface RT

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Are there any good music apps for RT? I looked at MediaMonkey and MusicInfo but they both are overkill for what I'm looking for. I just want something like VLC for RT. I've been searching the store and online and have had no luck so I'm guessing I'm screwed. XBox music is just plain awful... I don't want to sign in to listen to my music. I just want something that will play local files without any added baggage. I never though I'd say this but Windows Media Player is looking good by comparison. Thanks.

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Are there any good music apps for RT? I looked at MediaMonkey and MusicInfo but they both are overkill for what I'm looking for. I just want something like VLC for RT. I've been searching the store and online and have had no luck so I'm guessing I'm screwed. XBox music is just plain awful... I don't want to sign in to listen to my music. I just want something that will play local files without any added baggage. I never though I'd say this but Windows Media Player is looking good by comparison. Thanks.

Sounds like you want Groove:Smart Music Player. Awesome app, check it out and let us know if this is what you're looking for.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like you want Groove:Smart Music Player. Awesome app, check it out and let us know if this is what you're looking for.
Thanks for the suggestion but Groove:Smart isn't what I'm looking for. It tries to do too much. I'm just looking for a bare bones, basic player that doesn't sync to the cloud, require an account, second guess my taste in music or share with social media. It seems like such a simple idea... Also, I wish apps in the store would warn you about being ad-supported. I tried a few others and ended up uninstalling all of them. I'm willing to pay for an app if I like it but I detest ad supported apps and would prefer to see that mentioned so I won't bother to download it. Thanks for the suggestion though. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

BenTR

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

Freda is a good eBook reader. You can read books from several sources, including SkyDrive and local storage. That last is nice; I transferred a bunch of epubs from my laptop using a USB drive, and can open them from Freda. It also syncs across devices if you have it on Windows Phone. Nice.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Freda is a good eBook reader. You can read books from several sources, including SkyDrive and local storage. That last is nice; I transferred a bunch of epubs from my laptop using a USB drive, and can open them from Freda. It also syncs across devices if you have it on Windows Phone. Nice.
yep, been using Freda+ since wp7. using it on rt also.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm thinking of buyimg a Surface rt but need to know if there are apps for ftp and also photo resizing coming. I see there are coding apps for writing html and css already. Have looked on the Apps site but wish they had dates so we could see how many new apps are appearing. I use Photoshop touch and Textastic on the iPad and they are wonderful. Wish they were on the Windows Apps site.
Thanks

I use ShareTo: Resize with hundreds of photos from a D800 and it doesn't choke.

I never got mFTP to work, but maybe you could.

ps.

I'd like to add [WaterMark] and Code Writer.

PtiViperB1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The Official: Must Have Apps for the Surface 2

Please recommend apps we should have in our S2 tablets :)

I personally would like to know of any good:

• PDF annotation app.
  • Note taking app (stylus)

- Thank You -

PtiViperB1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: The Official: Must Have Apps for the Surface 2

Thank You!

I also heard Open Sankore its a nice white board/tutorial app to have.

heijenoort

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello!
I need a music player with these features:
- last.fm support
- microsd support
Any help? Thanks ��

ps: I have an RT

heijenoort

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I know Xbox Music now supports microSD with 8.1 RT but I'm not sure about last.fm.

Thanks but it has no last.fm :(

Anyway using Xbox Music app I have another problem: it ruins all my music metadata despite I disabled the specific option. I hate it!

For now I'm using Groove: it has microsd support but no last.fm scrobbling. I just sent a feedback to its developer...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99