MeteoExplorer Touch: visualize scientific data on your tablet

Leonard2013

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Dear all,

As a long time Microsoft supporter and regular wpcentral reader, I managed to persuade my manager to port our desktop software MeteoExplorer, an analysis and visualization application for scientific data, to Windows 8/RT. We do this to fill the app gap of Windows store and help Windows 8/RT to become prosperous, so forgive me if you find this ad-like thread to be offensive.

We've recently developed a free software named MeteoExplorer Touch and would like to introduce it to you. I hope it will be helpful to your research and work.

MeteoExplorer Touch, based on the technology of desktop MeteoExplorer software,is a professional software for analyzing and visualizing scientific data. It is also the world first touch-oriented meteorological software optimized for Microsoft’s Windows 8 and Windows RT operating system. MeteoExplorer touch emphasizes performance by following native C++ development and tapping DirectX hardware acceleration rendering technology. It is also designed to be a productivity tool that makes no compromise in implementing its features. Indeed, it provides more than 70% features offered by MeteoExplorer. Moreover, by taking advantage of the touch-oriented functionalities in Windows 8/RT, MeteoExplorer Touch brings an all-new experience for atmospheric science researchers, professionals, and students to process meteorological data on their mobile devices as well as PCs.

Here is the feature list:
+ Graphical layers management (navigation and animation);
+ Objective analysis of physical elements in surface observation data and upper-air soundings data;
+ Isoline analysis and shading of gridded data;
+ Streamline analysis of wind field;
+ Computation of physics elements;
+ NetCDF data process and display;
+ GRIB1/GRIB2 data process and display;
+ GrADS data process and display;
+ MICAPS data process and display;
+ Satellite nephogram data display and animation, supporting AWX, GPF format;
+ Map zoom, pan, preconfigured projection settings for most of the countries and regions in the world;
+ Zoom to area;
+ Save screen shot as image file (supported formats: BMP, JPG, and PNG);
+ Support English and Simplified Chinese language in user interface.

Should you be interested, please feel free to visit MeteoExplorer Touch website at MeteoExplorer Touch - EastModelSoft Software or at Windows app store at Windows app store for more information.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett