$199 Tablet with Windows Blue?

dtalexone

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
"The current Windows 8 and Windows RT OS will not work on screens less than ten inches. This prevents Windows tablets from entering the lucrative small tablet market where the Android OS has enjoyed explosive sales over the past two years. According to PC Mag, the Windows Blue OS will target tablet devices with screens from seven to eleven inches. If so, this OS will allow Microsoft and its partners to enter the low end of the market and compete directly with devices like Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD."

Latest Rumor Resuscitates Dream of a $199 Windows Tablet

Maybe there is some truth to the Surface Mini rumors?

hoosiers7120

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Maybe they will take a hit for a couple dollars and offer office on it because it would differentiate their product and people would buy it if full office is included. Only time will tell

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I fail to see the point of a tablet that makes no profits. If Microsoft makes a 7" tablet they will sell it for the same price as the iPad Mini.

dtalexone

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I fail to see the point of a tablet that makes no profits. If Microsoft makes a 7" tablet they will sell it for the same price as the iPad Mini.

I see what you're saying. In my opinion, I think it's wise if they sell lower or the same price as a competitor's tablet. It's how they can compete.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
They seriously need a cheap 7" tablet, its no coincidence that android and eventually even apple have 7" tablets. There's a reason that the kindle fires and nexus 7 are among the best selling tablets: price! If MS can make a 250$ or less 7" Rt tablet that can run office on it then they will have a real winner on their hands. Personally, I want a 7" Xbox gaming tablet that's been rumored, but I guess we will have to wait for the Xbox 720/infinity or whatever they call it announcement and hope that this tablet sees the light of day..!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs