My perfect tablet

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I was looking for a tablet that met certain perimeters. I don't know if any of them meet what I need.

-Transformer styled with the extra battery
-backlit keyboard
-full Windows 8 (not RT)
-decent battery life (obviously the keyboard would help)

Is there something out there that meets those needs? Having an i processor would be a benefit, too, because it would be my main workhorse.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Another Windows 8 tablet with an Core i.x processor? The Surface 8 Pro already struggles with battery life with a 3rd Generation Core i5 processor with only 4 hours of usage. Sure the extra battery would help, but I'm not too sure yet. Most other tablets that meet most requirements you've set only run Windows RT.

You might want to wait a little while longer as more Windows 8 products are produced, since the current offerings don't match your parameters. If you really need one NOW, find one that suits your needs the most. (My number one priority is excellent battery life)

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Another Windows 8 tablet with an Core i.x processor? The Surface 8 Pro already struggles with battery life with a 3rd Generation Core i5 processor with only 4 hours of usage. Sure the extra battery would help, but I'm not too sure yet. Most other tablets that meet most requirements you've set only run Windows RT.

You might want to wait a little while longer as more Windows 8 products are produced, since the current offerings don't match your parameters. If you really need one NOW, find one that suits your needs the most. (My number one priority is excellent battery life)

I'm hoping to replace both my iPad 2 and MBA with a tablet, a single device.

That's why I say an iProcessor, unless atoms are good enough to run Visual Studio these days.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping to replace both my iPad 2 and MBA with a tablet, a single device.

That's why I say an iProcessor, unless atoms are good enough to run Visual Studio these days.

I am currently running visual studio 2010 on my Samsung 500t which is an atom processor. I am using it for my C# class. It takes a few seconds to open up the program. But once it is open it works quite well. Then again I'm writing small programs.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Check out the KUPA X15

Dynamism - KUPA Ultranote X15

Its only on sale from dynamism but it does cover a lot of the bases that the surface pro and the other W8 tablet hybrids just cant match at the moment. Removable batteries, replacement batteries, 3g,4g, Core i7, 8gb ram. Its spec'ed to the nines. Ive got the top spec i7 on order with a spare battery and charger. Will be ordering the projector when its available too. Cant wait for this puppy to arrive. Was holding out for a Surface Pro but the lack of any release date news in the UK has finally pushed me into ordering one of these.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Check out the KUPA X15

Dynamism - KUPA Ultranote X15

Its only on sale from dynamism but it does cover a lot of the bases that the surface pro and the other W8 tablet hybrids just cant match at the moment. Removable batteries, replacement batteries, 3g,4g, Core i7, 8gb ram. Its spec'ed to the nines. Ive got the top spec i7 on order with a spare battery and charger. Will be ordering the projector when its available too. Cant wait for this puppy to arrive. Was holding out for a Surface Pro but the lack of any release date news in the UK has finally pushed me into ordering one of these.

You, sir, are awesome.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There's a video hands on of one from last year floating about if you do a quick google. And there's a video on kupas website
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
^^ The pictures they have are all renderings and not real pictures, usually means something is vaporware or at least a good ways off

^i'm not saying they don't exist, I'm saying renderings are usually a sign its not being mass produced for sale.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon