08-14-2013 10:34 AM
61 123
tools
    Same form factor, reduced weight (minimum would be the weight of it with a touch cover would be the equivalent of it without a touch cover now), next-gen atom processor, higher DPI display, better speakers, USB 3.0, and a pro-style stylus.

This is more of a software thing but I hope RT gains a smaller footprint as time goes on. Waaay too big now.
    05-06-2013 08:49 AM
    What is the tablet on the Outlook.com web site

Upgrade from Gmail

tablet.jpg
    05-15-2013 12:55 PM
    I want to see a Lenovo Yoga that I would actually buy. It would have good performance, great battery life, and is not too heavy.
    06-05-2013 08:41 AM
    Outside more powerful hardware and Pro-like pen support on the RT, there's not much more I could hope for from my RT. Not that I felt that the hardware wasnt sufficient, but naturally newer and faster chip is always nicer in next gen hardware :P

That said, I'm happy with my RT and it'll probably be in active use for the next 2-3 years, if it just holds up which I dont really doubt (except for the touch cover)
    06-05-2013 09:11 AM
    -Haswell chip for better battery
    -Fanless cooling
    -Thinner / lighter design
    -A dock for external kb/mouse/monitor

Otherwise the ultimate tablet.
    06-06-2013 02:40 PM
    A piece of thin cardboard with an os photoshopped on it?

What is the tablet on the Outlook.com web site

Upgrade from Gmail

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tablet.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	33998
    xandros9 and garak0410 like this.
    06-06-2013 07:21 PM
    The ability to wirelessly connect my Surface to my TV

Real pen stylus support

Other than those two things, general overall improvements that one would expect with a second generation device i.e. display, battery life, hardware, memory etc.

For our needs, the RT simply fulfills the 80/20 rule and is actually closer to 90 rather than 80. I've never understood the hate for this device other than plain ignorance as to what the device offered, and that is from a lack of research and the expectation of selling clicks rather than basing any conclusions in fact.
    06-07-2013 03:40 PM
    Well here's my wishlist.
    - 16:10 form factor (2560x1600px display). This would allow for type/touch covers with larger trackpads while also improving portrait viewing
    - Adjustable kickstand angle (portrait hinge would be nice as well)
    - Better cameras and mic with integrated Kinect motion sensors (killer app potential)
    - Front facing speakers with better volume
    - NFC
    06-09-2013 04:43 AM
    06-09-2013 11:55 AM
    Specifically, I would like to see an 8" Surface Pro with a proper enterprise dock: dual monitor support, multiple usb ports, audio output, ethernet jack.

In general, I'd like to see 3g/4g capabilities, a built-in silo for the pen, and a more versatile kickstand.
    06-11-2013 08:53 AM
    Bit more RAM
    better battery life for the Pro
    fanless design

potentially a more laptop-y cover?

thats all for now
    06-11-2013 10:21 AM
    I never understood the "I want it lighter, less weight, its too heavy" crowd. Its currently two pounds. Jesus, how weak are you people.
    xandros9, dstrauss and Jastow like this.
    06-14-2013 07:39 AM
    7-8 inch surface and I'm all in. I have a notebook if I have to do a lot of work.
    06-14-2013 09:21 AM
    Improve the battery life.Maybe they can do it with the new Haswell processors.Also they should fix how the OS take too much of the memory
    06-14-2013 09:31 AM
    I never understood the "I want it lighter, less weight, its too heavy" crowd. Its currently two pounds. Jesus, how weak are you people.
    Well to be fair, its the same with smaller items (ex mobile phones). A mobile phone can be less than a pound, but you cant hold it up in front of you for very long without having to switch hands or resting your arm on a table or something for support. What more with an item that's twice as heavy? Then add a type or touch cover, then it becomes 3x as heavy.
    06-14-2013 10:00 AM
    It's been said already but I'll say it again... I want Pro-like Stylus support. I'm not overly keen on the Samsung Galaxy Note series and as such I am holding on to my what must be 3 years old now HTC Flyer. Hopefully HTC do an RT tab with stylus support similar to the HTC Flyer.
    zkSharks and pbankey like this.
    06-14-2013 07:22 PM
    It's been said already but I'll say it again... I want Pro-like Stylus support. I'm not overly keen on the Samsung Galaxy Note series and as such I am holding on to my what must be 3 years old now HTC Flyer. Hopefully HTC do an RT tab with stylus support similar to the HTC Flyer.
    I could see myself using that, for sure.
    06-18-2013 02:48 PM
    I would love and expect to see a surface with the number 2 beside it.
    06-18-2013 02:56 PM
    really, for the pro, all they would need to change is to put in haswell into it and it would be more or less perfect, really the only major downside to the surface pro was the battery life. The pro is an extremely well made product thats gorgeous. The screen is great, the size is great (especially for it having a fan in it), the wacom stylus is great, so it the kickstand and the touch covers. My only real complaints with the pro is the batter life, which was a deal-breaker for me because I think that the point of a tablet is to get a good battery life and that a 5-hour battery life kinda defeats the point of a tablet imho. Also, I don't really like the type cover, I actually like the touch cover better because even though there's no tactile feedback, its very slim. The problem I have with the type cover is that I felt it was wobbly, even on a flat surface. The key spacing was fine, I just felt that the casing for it was kinda weak feeling, I felt that it was cheap feeling and too bulky for how just mediocre it was imho, I still don't mean its bad for typing, it works just fine, its just I feel they could have done better. Maybe make the base of it magnesium? I would trade the slightly extra weight for a more stable keyboard...also, I don't like the felt -like covering on the front of the covers, I feel it should be smooth like the smart covers that apple makes.

Obviously they will come out with a 7-8 inch surface, I feel they need to make an xbox surface tablet. If MS did the same thing with the vita where you could stream games from your xbox one to your tablet, that would be bad***. The problem with son'y implementation is I don't see it being that good with what I know about sony software, I'm sure MS would do a great job with it however. I know they are rumoring to make an xbox tablet, but they really should come out with one...I would buy it in a heartbeat and wouldn't really care what the price is lol...

For their next surface RT, they either need to bump up the specs, like using a snapdragon or tegra 4 is an obvious thing they will do, but I think either the screen resolution needs to be higher than 1366x768 or they need to lower the price to 399$ starting. My gripe with the current Surface RT is that, even though I love the hardware, I feel like coughing up 499$ minimum and then 120-130$ on top of that for the cover is asking a little much when the screens are only 1366x768 when all the competition from apple and google have higher resolutions for the same price or less....
    dstrauss likes this.
    06-18-2013 05:55 PM
    The damn hinge. Processor upgrade will come automatically. I have one but is a pain to use as a laptop. Since I travel, I need to use it on flight/cabs and can't use it without the kickstand.
    06-18-2013 05:58 PM
    The damn hinge. I have one and I can't use it as my laptop since I travel. It needs a kick stand for flights or cabs.
    06-18-2013 06:00 PM
    Hardware
    RT:
    - Qualcomm / NVIDIA chipset
    - Optional 3G / 4G LTE radio
    - A slightly better camera (maybe around 2MP front, 5MP back 1080p support)
    - Current display is ok, could be better by adding digitizer functionality
    - Capacitive lit Windows home key (with options to turn it on or off or auto)
    - USB 3.0 may be a bonus, otherwise 2 is ok

Pro:
    - Intel Haswell chipset
    - Probably much of what is listed on RT as well.
    - Nothing much here, but more or less it could have Ultrabook specifications like the current one.

Accessories
    - Dock, probably with additional ports and whatnot
    - Keyboard with internal battery pack

Software
    - Support for running WP8 apps and a unified XBL achievements system (where is this? where's the shared-core experience? I have to buy the same game on different devices, and show achievements on my Xbox Live profile twice, of the same game, because they run on different platforms. I want to have a single achievements card that is accessed by the same game, so you wouldn't have to play the same game on different platforms and have two achievements card which contains the same achievements. Does Skulls of the Shogan do this? I know Jetpack Joyride does, and I have two separate achievement cards for it on my XBL account)
    - Remote Play via Smartglass
    - RT: Integrate desktop elements on top of Modern UI (if you like a demo, go to desktop, hide taskbar, and run an office application and maximize it) -- this could eliminate the confusion between Desktop mode (as it is rather useless, considering there's only file explorer, IE desktop, and office suite, and a handful of admin apps that are barely run and unfamiliar to most consumers) and Modern UI.
    - Music Videos (where are they?!)
    - Support for "Where's my Windows Phone" feature such as geo-tracking, remote wipe, alert, etc. etc.
    06-21-2013 01:00 AM
    Surface Pro II
    • Haswell 1.3MHz ULV
    • 8GB RAM (option)
    • 256GB SSD (option)
    • 4g LTE
    • S-Pen like stowed stylus
    • Thunderbolt (replace USB 3 and mini-displayport)
    • Backlit keyboard (option)
    • Keyboard dock (option)
    06-25-2013 12:03 PM
    Cheaper price.
    06-25-2013 12:20 PM
    Any new rumors before the build conference starts tomorrow?
    06-25-2013 03:24 PM
61 123