Next Wave of Surfaces ? What do you want to see?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Next surface rt, pro, or even I new surface, I don't care. I would just like you to post what you would like in the next generation of surfaces that would be reasonable. Post away!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I would want a Surface RT 2 with Tegra 4, a better display, better cameras, gorilla glass iii, and NFC.

I would like a Surface Pro 2 with the new generation of Intel Chips, better graphics (better integrated or whatever to make it better), better cameras, NFC, a better display, more RAM, gorilla glass iii, and more storage. We also need more configuring options.

Lastly, I would like a gaming surface with better next generation Intel Chips, NVIDIA graphics card, better cameras, NFC, a better display, more RAM, more storage, gorilla glass III, and a larger display (13 or 15 inches, even 14).

Who's with me?

Flan Tamarind

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hard to argue considering you named all the possible upgrades available.

I'm looking forward to the 7 inch surface that will hopefully be fully integrated with the next Xbox. I say that because there were plans of a 7 inch tablet leaked last year before the surface announcement. If Microsoft screws this up and keeps the ecosystems separate, I'm not sure ill be purchasing the new Xbox.

There is a real opportunity here for them to turn windows 8 into a fully integrated ecosystem. Lets hope they don't screw it up.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see one that can be used solely as a tablet, but can also have a keyboard attachment that sits up on your lap without the kickstand - like the HP Envy X2.

icwhatudidthere

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Surface Pro: 6+ hour battery life under normal usage, not "if you turn brightness to 5% and run one web page"-level battery life. (Right now I get around 3.5-4 hours).

That's the only must have for me. NFC and at least two position kickstand would be nice. Otherwise I think the hardware is pretty great and I love the form factor, we just need some big software upgrades.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Basically, all the things I put in my "perfect tablet" thread.

Seriously, they have a special connector for the keyboard. How hard would it be to make that special keyboard have a backlight and a battery?

Buren06

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Some sort of Atom based, 600 dollars or less surface with the design and build quality of the originals. Doesn't even need to be Baytrail or Clovertrail+, the current chips are still leagues better than RT.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Isn't Intel better in every way except for graphics?

Well it depends on what your comparing it against and many other factory's that include to the final analyses of which is better overall.

I think AMD great for a tight budget and has great APU's.

I also have a feeling that AMD is brewing something very special, very special indeed. :excited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
256 GB SSDs.
100 Wh battery.
The upcoming Intel Atom processors (Haswell or Bay Trail, if I'm not mistaken)
Compatibility with the next XBox and its controllers

As a bonus: 60 months support cycle :D

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I also want to see an xbox tablet, all MS needs to do is make a sexy 7" xbox gaming tablet with controller built into it, like the psvita, and a new halo and some other "real" games on it from major devs and I see a real winner here. Its sad about WP because MS has the best mobile gaming platform with just decent games, but not many console-like games like the vita has for example...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99