Just Pre-Ordered A Helix

bizzy-glx

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, I bit the bullet and pre-ordered a Lenovo Helix from the good people at Excaliberpc. My bank account is crying right now.

I've bought a few things through them over the years and have had good experiences with shipping and stuff.

I've been putting off purchasing a new laptop for a loooooong time now...currently running an old HP 2 Core Duo that I've outfitted with 8 GB LV RAM and a Sammy 830 Pro 256 GB SSD.

Almost bought a new HP Envy 15 and an iPad a couple months ago, but decided to hold out just a little while longer for the Helix.

I don't know...I just think that it'll be sick having a sweet ultrabook that I can do all of my sysadmin work on, studying, easily take it to meetings and take notes, play games on the train and bus, use as a 2nd screen plopped down on the couch watching TV...all in one device.

original.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That looks pretty cool. Please let us know what you think of it once you've used it.

I'm also interested in Lenovo, except I've been looking at the Yoga 13. I'd be interested in finding out more about the Helix.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
How much did you pay OP? Looking forward to a review.

As much as I am otherwise impressed with Lenovo's products, this is one I just do not get. The price starts at $1679 direct from Lenovo, with the digitizer pen being an option. Take away the laptop base and battery life is a match for Surface Pro but not really any better. Add the laptop base and it is heavy for its size with battery life of about 10 hours. You can get a better price on Amazon but Amazon's spec's for the product are messy. Of all the products they have brought to market, this one seems over priced for the spec's. Just my opinion but ....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa