I'm not very tech savvy, but I'm in the process of buying a hybrid tablet. The one that has caught my eye the most is the HP Envy x2. Most of what I do is web browse, video watch and download torrents. And i'm just wondering if it's even possible to download a torrent client like utorrent or bittorent on the Envy? I know it's suppose to be able to download almost any program like a regular computer, but was just wondering if this was one of the programs it can't download.

Oh, and also i read something about the wireless card not being able to handle too much data? is this true? is there a small wireless cap?

Thanks guys!
    04-18-2013 11:13 PM
    It runs windows 8 so why not? You can download torrents.
    Don't have a clue about wireless card though but a wireless cap seems unlikely to me.
    04-19-2013 04:14 AM
    It is not the best wifi antenna, otherwise everything works fine...though I have a nasty bug:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...ml#post1954480
    04-19-2013 10:38 AM
    I'm not very tech savvy, but I'm in the process of buying a hybrid tablet. The one that has caught my eye the most is the HP Envy x2. Most of what I do is web browse, video watch and download torrents. And i'm just wondering if it's even possible to download a torrent client like utorrent or bittorent on the Envy? I know it's suppose to be able to download almost any program like a regular computer, but was just wondering if this was one of the programs it can't download.

Oh, and also i read something about the wireless card not being able to handle too much data? is this true? is there a small wireless cap?

Thanks guys!

Its running full Windows so of course it will be able to download and run a program like utorrent. Some people have complained of a weak WiFi antenna but I myself haven't had any issues. I do believe that due to the low power requirements of the Intel Atom chipset that the WiFi antenna is only capable of a max speed of 54mbs. But seriously, that's faster than most peoples internet bandwidth anyways so what's the big deal?
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    04-19-2013 08:29 PM
    Its running full Windows so of course it will be able to download and run a program like utorrent. Some people have complained of a weak WiFi antenna but I myself haven't had any issues. I do believe that due to the low power requirements of the Intel Atom chipset that the WiFi antenna is only capable of a max speed of 54mbs. But seriously, that's faster than most peoples internet bandwidth anyways so what's the big deal?
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
    Awesome! Thank you for the info you've answered all my questions. The 50mbs cap is exactly what i heard and i thought the same thing, since the average connection speed is 10mbs anyways.
    04-20-2013 12:12 PM
    Awesome! Thank you for the info you've answered all my questions. The 50mbs cap is exactly what i heard and i thought the same thing, since the average connection speed is 10mbs anyways.
    that and you probably won't even get 10mbps while torrenting anyways, but I have an hp envy x2 and it does torrenting just fine. I don't have any antenna issues, but I could just have been a lucky one, my wifi connections always seem perfectly fine to me.
    04-21-2013 11:42 AM
    yeah true, i average around 1mps anyways, so as long as i can at least get that it should be fine.
    04-21-2013 02:58 PM