Over and Over and Over again

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Driver Power State Failure

Happens daily, hourly sometimes.

I have an HP Envy X2, love it, best laptop ever except for this issue that makes me want to punt dogs off overpasses.

I have tried to seek help from MS, nothing, nothing from HP either. It seems to happen when I have IE open or a program that uses IE, like Lastpass. Happens docked, tablet mode, and power plugged in or not. Does anyone here have this tablet or another that does the same thing? If you have this tablet and it does not do this maybe I uninstalled some necessary can you give me a list of all your programs.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Driver Power State Failure

Happens daily, hourly sometimes.

I have an HP Envy X2, love it, best laptop ever except for this issue that makes me want to punt dogs off overpasses.

I have tried to seek help from MS, nothing, nothing from HP either. It seems to happen when I have IE open or a program that uses IE, like Lastpass. Happens docked, tablet mode, and power plugged in or not. Does anyone here have this tablet or another that does the same thing? If you have this tablet and it does not do this maybe I uninstalled some necessary can you give me a list of all your programs.

Have you run the HP maintenance program? Also, make sure you've downloaded and installed all the latest drivers from HP's website. There was a BIOS update in late March.

Worst case scenario-do a Windows recovery install and start from scratch making sure you update all drivers first.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the envy x2 as well and I have never had this issue, which would suggest to me that you might have a problematic device which sometimes happens. I would definitely recommend updating your drivers though along with the bios firmware as some of the earlier versions they launched the product with were bad... I mean my tablet would routinely lock up and perform slow until I got the first bios date and then my device worked great so make sure to update everything.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the envy x2 as well and I have never had this issue, which would suggest to me that you might have a problematic device which sometimes happens. I would definitely recommend updating your drivers though along with the bios firmware as some of the earlier versions they launched the product with were bad... I mean my tablet would routinely lock up and perform slow until I got the first bios date and then my device worked great so make sure to update everything.

I think I have done that. Went to HP site, had it scan the tablet, gave me dls, installed most of it. I want to wait till 8.1 so I can back up all my goodies but if it a bad hardware I might miss my warranty period. Hmmmm.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12