Thinkpad Helix silent release?

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Spoke with my rep today at PC Connection.

The Thinkpad Helix Core i5 Version is in-stock and ready to ship out today. He gave me the full product datasheet and told me the i7 version should be available in 3 weeks.

View attachment New Lenovo Helix.pdf

Check out the PC Connection website, as it also lists the i5 devices as in-stock and ready to ship.

I don't understand why the Lenovo website product page still says "Coming Spring 2013". Lenovo has said absolutely nothing about a release.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I actually ordered my i7 from PC mall. Going to get it tomorrow...

Doesn't anyone else find it strange that a device with so much publicity, which was delayed at the last second, is suddenly out without any notice? Lenovo's website make it seem like the device is still months away....

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't anyone else find it strange that a device with so much publicity, which was delayed at the last second, is suddenly out without any notice? Lenovo's website make it seem like the device is still months away....
Very strange indeed. I wonder if they've sent out review units. A soft launch doesn't inspire confidence. Wonder if they ran into more manufacturing issues or decided that demand is too weak to warrant more publicity?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo