Bill Gates Says That iPad Users Are Frustrated With It

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I am one of the few apparently. I am not a frustrated iPad user. I've got no issue with my iPad and typing, I bought a keyboard for mine but you have to buy a Surface keyboard also. I use Pages on my iPad and have never had an issue with it communicating with Office. I don't see it.

I am not an Apple ****** or a Microsoft ******. I'm a fan of what works for my needs at that moment. For me it's the iPad and it works just fine.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 2. And while I think it is a great device, I'd jump at the chance for a Surface or any of the newer Windows 8 tablets. The thought of having full Windows 8 in my hand instead of a simple walled garden like iOS is much too tempting. I will be purchasing one soon and I'll leave the iPad with the kids.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPad 2. And while I think it is a great device, I'd jump at the chance for a Surface or any of the newer Windows 8 tablets. The thought of having full Windows 8 in my hand instead of a simple walled garden like iOS is much too tempting. I will be purchasing one soon and I'll leave the iPad with the kids.
You do know that you're comparing a mobile OS with a x86 based OS designed for desktop use?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't frustrated with my iPad, but I did get bored of it. I didn't use it that often, mainly because it had the limitations of iOS.

I got a Windows 8 tablet instead, and I use it a lot more. If I'm not on my desktop, I'm on my tablet.

You do know that you're comparing a mobile OS with a x86 based OS designed for desktop use?

That's its advantage.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes, $499 for the iPad vs $1000 for the Surface Pro. Totally legit comparison.

Forget about price and spec, the fact is the Surface Pro can be used has a Tablet -- as far as I'm aware, Apple products can't do that yet?

Furthermore, it's obvious this is the reason why he/she wants one of them, instead their iPad2. All they are doing is giving their opinion on, why they don't want an iPad2 anymore -- lighten up dude, they're not writing a review?

Last edited:

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I am not frustrated with the iPad but i am ABSOLUTELY frustratedly bored with it though.

It's a paper weight sitting on the coffee table.

Would I rather carry around my laptop than a tablet yes because I can be productive.

Would i rather carry around a Surface Pro than an iPad, Absolutely yes because I can be productive with my "legacy" desktop programs and file manager.

anon5664829

Banned
Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I am not frustrated with the iPad but i am ABSOLUTELY frustratedly bored with it though.

It's a paper weight sitting on the coffee table.

Would I rather carry around my laptop than a tablet yes because I can be productive.

Would i rather carry around a Surface Pro than an iPad, Absolutely yes because I can be productive with my "legacy" desktop programs and file manager.

You don't have an iPad.
Because if you did then you would know about pages and the other amazing productivity apps.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they are frustrated, they just have no idea on what they are missing out on, then they would be frustrated. Windows RT tablets can do a heck of a load more than an iPad or android tablet let alone a windows 8 tablet

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I want to quote something I read long back :
"Microsoft and Apple are going in two very different directions, especially when you compare iOS to Windows 8. Apple has embraced compromise. The compromises in iOS are, for many people in many contexts, what makes the iPad better than a Mac. The compromises enforce simplicity and obviousness in design, and at a technical level they lead to iOS’s excellent battery life."

To add some words : iPad is like a console with specific function in which it excels where as surface is a PC which can do things but don't excel at anything.Its more like a "Cheap laptop" (A low performer , "cheap" doesn't mean quality here , its about performance compared to high end laptops)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb