Surface RT and Pro now sold at Fry's Electronics

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
In case you live near a Fry's Electronics store or buy from their website, they recently announced that they now stock and sell Microsoft Surface tablets. I believe the 128GB Surface Pro is available in store only but the other Pro and RT units are both in store and on line. They also sell all of the accessories.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but I really wasn't looking since I already own one. As a rule though Microsoft sets the price for its premium products so I doubt there would be any discounts at the moment. It does demonstrate some market traction, however, since Fry's only stocks what they think they can sell in volume. They are also giving away a few in one of their Facebook raffles....

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought an RT day one and returned it. It had cool features but even an ipad was more usually at that point. Thought they might take a couple bucks off just for attention; knowing Fry's, something like $2 ;)

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The thread wasn't started to comment on whether you (or anyone else) likes Surface RT. It is simply to point out that it is available through Fry's. If I wanted to know whether someone prefers their iPad, I would start a poll.

As for its utility though, its built in functionality is unmatched among ARM based tablets and the presence of essential Office applications puts it in a class by itself. Having spent part of the spring laid up due to spinal fusion surgery, a 1.5 pound tablet with a type cover and Office 2013 allowed me to actually do work and email people real Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. Compare that to the buggy apps and file incompatibilities on Android tablets (I owned one) and the basic functionality on an iPad (I have dealt with them). Of course I was also able to comfortably watch movies on Netflix, television on Hulu Plus, other music and videos in the default apps and a few additional store apps, and satisfy my own preferences for other apps among the approximately 50K worth in the store.

To each their own as far as preferences. Bringing negativity, however, to a thread simply put forth to provide information about a new retail option would seem to be counter productive and pretty arrogant/egotistical. If you want to complain about the price, talk to Microsoft. Since, however, the product's retail network continues to expand and the prices have not been touched that would tend to demonstrate they are meeting their sales targets without the need to reduce the prices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital