Need some advice..Lynx vs RT

lmatt05

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been interested in getting the lenovo lynx for a while now mainly because it isn't RT.
After thinking about it I don't think I need legacy apps.

My biggest concern though is the processor. They seem comparable since the Atom isn't really that great from what I've heard.

Ultimately I would use it for surfing the internet, playing a few games, and watching NetFlix. Are these going to perform the exact same? I prefer the construction of the RT and since they are the same price it's becoming more difficult to make a decision.

I've read somewhere around here that using the desktop and legacy applications on the lynx is sluggish.

Has anyone connected either of these to a tv and streamed netflix?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
By RT do you mean surface RT? I have a atom tablet(Samsung ativ 500t) and a surface RT. Both are great devices. But if all you need is Netflix, couple games, office, browsing web then I would get the surface RT it is definitely superior in build quality.

lmatt05

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
By RT do you mean surface RT? I have a atom tablet(Samsung ativ 500t) and a surface RT. Both are great devices. But if all you need is Netflix, couple games, office, browsing web then I would get the surface RT it is definitely superior in build quality.

Yes, my fault, Surface RT.
One other thing i forgot was that RT doesn't have VLC player as far as i know and I would need that.
I'm also of just thinking of getting an ASUS ultrabook that best buy has for $529.00.

manwe

May 6, 2013
Visit site
dude, just wait a couple of months and get a haswell tablet. i have the surface rt and it's a nice toy, but despite microsoft's efforts it's not much more than that. with this years processor upgrades it should be quicker and more gentle on the battery as it currently is i find the surface rt a nice addition to laying on the couch but really not more than that

lmatt05

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
dude, just wait a couple of months and get a haswell tablet. i have the surface rt and it's a nice toy, but despite microsoft's efforts it's not much more than that. with this years processor upgrades it should be quicker and more gentle on the battery as it currently is i find the surface rt a nice addition to laying on the couch but really not more than that

Is there any pricing on them? Will they be around $500.00?

lmatt05

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Just for the record I got the Lynx and am returning it because of the weak WIFI connection. Everything works really well with the exception of WIFI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs