I was thinking of getting a tablet for note-taking. I currently have a laptop but i find it too heavy sometimes. So i was thinking of getting a tablet which would be more portable (and cheaper than a very light ultrabook). However, I would like to use a stylus for note-taking.. Any suggestions?
    Also, is there any app for windows 8/RT that is great for note-taking with stylus? (something like this: FiftyThree)

Thanks!!
    06-18-2013 09:04 AM
    Go with Surface Pro not RT if you want to use a pen
    06-18-2013 09:23 AM
    What about the Lenovo ThinkPad 2 Tablet w/Windows 8 Pro? It uses a stylus, is cheaper than Surface Pro by about $200, and weighs about .5 pounds less.
    06-19-2013 08:19 AM
    That would good choice also. I have a RT but for writing it has to be on a windows 8 tablet and not RT
    06-19-2013 08:25 AM
    OneNote is really good for note taking! :D
    06-19-2013 10:13 AM
    What about the Lenovo ThinkPad 2 Tablet w/Windows 8 Pro? It uses a stylus, is cheaper than Surface Pro by about $200, and weighs about .5 pounds less.
    ThinkPad 2 is $300 to $400 less than Surface Pro. Granted, it also has a dog of an Atom processor so it, should be cheaper. It is not a bad device but it is not fast and offers limited on board storage. If the goal is note taking, it would be fine and it will last all day but I would not have ambitions of using it as a laptop replacement.
    06-19-2013 08:24 PM
    I use the Thinkpad Tablet 2, the processor is perfectly fine for most tasks. Metro side apps run smoothly, it will only start to get bogged if you are doing a lot of multi-tasking. Tweaking some of the performance options helped a lot, I turned off things like showing the window while dragging. By default it is setup for the best look, not best performance. He said that he has a laptop, if there is anything CPU or RAM intensive he can use that. That slow processor also gives you the benefit of awesome battery times, I can last all weekend without the need to charge and that is with a fairly regular amount of use!

I would highly recommend the Thinkpad Tablet 2, its an absolutely perfect second device.
    06-28-2013 01:33 PM
    I use the Thinkpad Tablet 2, the processor is perfectly fine for most tasks. Metro side apps run smoothly, it will only start to get bogged if you are doing a lot of multi-tasking. Tweaking some of the performance options helped a lot, I turned off things like showing the window while dragging. By default it is setup for the best look, not best performance. He said that he has a laptop, if there is anything CPU or RAM intensive he can use that. That slow processor also gives you the benefit of awesome battery times, I can last all weekend without the need to charge and that is with a fairly regular amount of use!

I would highly recommend the Thinkpad Tablet 2, its an absolutely perfect second device.

EDIT: and OneNote for note taking
    06-28-2013 01:36 PM