Technobuffalo (Jon Lakers) Revisits Surface Pro , changes his opinion

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I wish more people would see this and see that Windows 8 is indeed elegant and useful once you learn it. This is why I am so happy Microsoft has a wide tile in Windows 8.1 for including a useful Help and How to.
I suggest you skip the comments , I don't know why the anger towards Microsoft or in fact any other company. It is just a business and being a fanatic is only wasting time and misguiding others.

Microsoft Surface Pro and Windows 8: My Updated Thoughts - YouTube

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I must admit, it also took me a while to figure out how to use IE10.

But, all in all, it is really good and admirable to see a reviewer come back and revisit and make the effort. Kudos to him!

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Windows has very slow adoption rate in general which is why their market share is extremely low from the beginning. It will take them 1-3 years before the fruits of their labours starts clicking. Loyalty to Microsoft is implied, not obvious like Apple, because at the end of the day people starts realizing how much Windows products and services have been such a part of their everyday lives which then they start adapting to switch into Windows.

WP8 (and onwards) is very slow in terms of adapting but it's very consistent, because as I mentioned it will always take time for people to adapt to Windows.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Windows has very slow adoption rate in general which is why their market share is extremely low from the beginning. It will take them 1-3 years before the fruits of their labours starts clicking. Loyalty to Microsoft is implied, not obvious like Apple, because at the end of the day people starts realizing how much Windows products and services have been such a part of their everyday lives which then they start adapting to switch into Windows.

WP8 (and onwards) is very slow in terms of adapting but it's very consistent, because as I mentioned it will always take time for people to adapt to Windows.

This is very true, nice post! I've never understood how a lot of people will be all for the newest android or iphone and new OSes that come with them but when windows comes out with something, people always end up taking time to switch and act like it sucks until they use it. This is the case with windows 8 as much as it was with windows 7. I remember when I was selling computers with windows 7 and people would be complaining all the time about how much they wanted xp. Now everyone suddenly wants windows 7. I actually really like windows 8, sure they made some bad interface choices, like shoving metro onto a desktop, but for tablets its awesome. What I don't understand is that you can get free start buttons like classic shell and start 8 that essentially turn windows 8 into an interface that looks identical to windows 7. (I'm not talking about businesses for this post because they always upgrade OSes at the last possible time that they can for money reasons...). It truly seems like MS is cursed with their "every other OS is a good OS" curse jsut because people almost want it that way lol...I bet when windows 9 comes out, people will be clamoring for windows 8 saying it was the best OS they've ever made...or something like that...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that when people go to Apple or Android they are patient enough to learn a new OS. It's A LOT to learn too.

But when they go to Windows 8 they get upset that they have to learn something new.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that when people go to Apple or Android they are patient enough to learn a new OS. It's A LOT to learn too.

But when they go to Windows 8 they get upset that they have to learn something new.

It's because Windows have been around for a very long time that Apple and Android are the 'cool' thing to have which is why people are interested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos